Snow Day

A/N: Domestic Life AU

Requested by: Jenni_thewolffaunus

Qrow and Winter were asleep in their shared bed...until, Qrow's phone started to ring. Grumbling, he grabs it from the nightstand.

"Hello..." yawned Qrow.

"Uncle Qrow! School is cancelled, its a SNOW DAY!!" Ruby cheered loudly.

"Really? Cool." replied Qrow, still trying to wake up.

"Come on, Uncle Qrow, come build snowmen with us! And bring Aunt Winter!" Ruby pleaded.

"Rubes, it's 6:30 in the morning." Qrow said running a hand over his face.

"EXACTLY! That means the snow is fresh!!" Ruby replied getting louder, waking Winter up.

"Okay, okay, Ruby. We'll be there soon." Qrow told her before hanging up.

"I finally have a day off, and you're waking me up at 6:30 in the morning?" Winter glared at her husband.

"It wasn't me who woke you up, it was Ruby who was yelling over the phone." Qrow replied wrapping his arms around his wife's waist.

"Qrow, shame on you. Throwing your niece under the bus like that. I thought I knew you." Winter said feigning shock.

"She's your niece too now, ya know. So, if I have to go play in the snow at 6:30 in the morning, so do you." Qrow said getting out of bed.

Winter gets out of bed and follows her husband into the shower. After showering, they get dressed and go to Tai's. Upon arrival, Qrow is nearly tackled to the ground by his nieces hugging him. Though, Winter wasn't expecting a hug-attack and was tackled into the snow.

"Hi, Uncle Qrow! Hi, Aunt Winter!" Ruby said excitedly.

Ruby grabs Qrow by the wrist, Yang grabs Winter by the wrist and they lead them to where they were making snowmen. While Winter was constructing her snowman, a snowball hits her back.

"Who threw that!?" Winter said turning around.

Immediately Ruby, Yang, and Tai all point at Qrow...even Zwei pointed at Qrow with his little paw.

"You guys suck." Qrow muttered folding his arms.

Smirking, Winter makes a snowball...though she didn't notice that a rock had gotten mixed into the snowball. She chucks the snowball at her husband hitting him right in the nose, knocking him off his feet. Everyone laughs and laughs....until, after five minutes, Qrow was still on the ground holding his nose and groaning in pain.

"Qrow, pal, are you okay?" Tai asked kneeling next to him.

"No! My nose hurts...and it's f**king bleeding!" Qrow replied a little snappy.

"How did that happen? All Winter did was throw a snowball at you." Yang asked confused.

Ruby picks up a rock that was next to Qrow's head and saw a small amount of blood on it.

"Um, I think I know what happened. I guess Aunt Winter accidentally mixed this rock in with her snowball." Ruby said showing everyone the rock.

"Ohh, little bird, I'm so sorry." Winter apologized, helping Qrow to his feet.

"It's alright, snow angel, I know it was an accident." Qrow reassured her.

Everyone goes inside, where Qrow's nose is taken care of. The bleeding stopped and now he held an ice pack to his bruised nose.

"Does it still hurt?" Winter asked.

"A bit. Can you kiss it better?" Qrow answered.

"Sure, little bird." Winter chuckled.

The woman kisses her husband's nose. Then she cuddles up to him on the couch. For the rest of the snow day, everyone stays inside drinking hot cocoa and telling stories.