Chapter 55

Gotham
December 25, 00:33 EDT

- - - - - - - - - -

"You wanna tell me what the hell is going on- and how the fuck are you alive?!"

Leslie Thompkins twists the shaft of the broken hook through the unconscious teen's calf. Somehow, it had miraculously weaved between the tibia and fibula and pierced mainly muscle. After using a tourniquet by the knee and making sure that it wouldn't leave any metal in his leg, she pulls the rod cleanly from his calf. Leslie is thankful that Dick is already knocked out.

"It's a long story- can you just- focus, please?" Jason strains. He sounds worried.

The doctor rolls her eyes, "Aren't you the one that shot him?"

The undead teen only grumbles as he opened many of the cases stacked in the living room. They are filled with weapons and supplies and seems to clutter the decent size of the room. Leslie shakes her head in wonder. Jason had previously mentioned that he got back to Gotham a few hours ago... so how did he get all those guns? And this apartment? Like... what the fuck?

"Found it," he exclaims from behind the couch and runs back into the kitchen carrying a small canister. He snags a pair of the latex gloves that Leslie had brought with her and twists off the cap.

"What is that? Do I even want to know?"

"It's a strong muscle relaxant cream," Jason shrugs. The teen had seen it on the list of things Fuller agreed to send him initially. This guy makes some pretty neat shit, Jason thinks offhandedly.

"Why do you need that!?"

The teen just points to the patient on the table, "So this fucker doesn't try to escape."

Leslie is about to ask another question but decides against it. She would force him to explain later, but right now, she has a patient to worry about.

Dick Grayson is lying out cold in front of her.

Dick Grayson!

She hasn't seen him since he left her in the alley all those years ago. Emotions pull at her heartstrings but she pushes them away. Leslie has to remain calm so she can treat him to the best of her abilities. I mean, she's a doctor, after all. (And a damn good one at that.)

Jason rubs the paralytic salve on Dick's limbs, shoulders, and lower abdomen. He doesn't want to accidentally kill him by relaxing the diaphragm. After testing how effective it was on his pinky, he knew that it was a dangerous and powerful drug. The nerves remained unhindered so he could still feel, but he couldn't move jack shit.

Leslie finished treating his calf, removes the tourniquet, and carefully flips him onto his stomach with Jason's help. She raises an eyebrow at the deep bruising of the boy's back. Jason doesn't meet Leslie's disapproving gaze. She applies some of the cream to the teen's back muscles while she examines for broken bones.

"That fucking hurts."

The doctor pauses over one of the ribs before lightly pressing it again.

"Fuck! Stop that!"

Leslie hums to herself. The rib is most definitely broken, fractured at least. She will have to get an x-ray done to know the extent of the damage, but either way, the process is more or less the same. It doesn't register until after that Dick is awake, she subconsciously thought it was Jason the entire time.

"Where the hell am I?" The patient spits. A vein develops on Dick's forehead as if he is straining but his body doesn't move. Oh, and his eyes are closed. Jason must've paralyzed his eyelids when Leslie wasn't looking. Whether it is for practical reasons or just to fuck with him, she doesn't know.