Chapter 43

Happy Harbor
July 25, 06:20 EST

- - - - - - - - - -

Kid Flash is laying over the arm chair of the couch. His arms brush the floor as he kicks his legs against the cushions. The team is scattered nearby, all in various states of shame, sadness, and-

"I'm so BORED," Kid Flash complains from his bizarre position. His teammates don't even bother to acknowledge him; This is the fourteenth time he has said that phrase in the last hour. For the last few days, the team had been patiently waiting for some action. After being taken off the first Robin rescue, they swallowed their pride and listened to orders. When their Robin was kidnapped, they weren't just going to sit by and do nothing-

"You all are to stay here and wait for instructions."

"What?!" The team shoots back angrily.

"Robin is our teammate, you have to let us help!" Artemis added, much to the agreement of everyone present. Well, except for Batman.

The adult doesn't seemed phased by the tantruming teens. It is odd that the vigilante seemed more calm now that both of his boys were gone. He must be suppressing his emotion, is what the team thought. Typical Batman. "This case is going to have my full attention. I'm having Batgirl watch over Gotham for me, and Artemis, I want you to help her."

"Why me? What if I want to find Robin, instead?" She glares at him.

"You know Gotham better than anybody else here. Plus, Batgirl requested you specifically. Personally, I didn't think she needed any help."

"Tch," Artemis whips her head to the side. "Fine."

"For the rest of you," Batman addresses the rest of them. "The Justice League will need your help more now that I'm stepping aside for a bit. I think that you're going to be very busy..."

That was days ago.

"Busy my ass," Kid Flash mutters under his breath so that only Conner can hear him. The speedster was down in the dumps after an emotional few weeks. First, he finally gets to see his (best) friend again after two years, only to find out that Dick still hated him. Not only did he not get to make amends, but he only got to see his scowling face for less than a day. And he failed to save him... again. Now even Tim had been taken, their youngest member- and their responsibility. Not that Robin was a liability, no, he was better trained than anybody else. But, he had been with the team for less than a year, and the older teens couldn't help but feel responsible for the kid... Oh, and his crush was away beating out her frustrations on Gotham criminals. Kid Flash let out a loud groan, rubbing at his temples. If only he could get some action to take his mind off all the negativity. Then, he had an idea!

"Hey guys," he starts in a excited tone. "Why don't we-"

"Guest 01, Guest 02, Guest 03, Guest 04."

"Dude!" a familiar young voice echoes from the entrance  chamber. "We've been spotted!"

Surprised and curious, the team rushes over to the Titans location, Kid Flash making it first.

"You're back! Does this mean we've got a mission?!"

"Uh," they all uh. Starfire looks over to Raven and whispers none to quietly. "Should we tell them?"

"Tell us what?" Aqualad joins. Starfire's orange hue grows deeper and she hides behind her purple friend. Raven, who understands Batman the best, already knew the answer:

"Batman said it was okay to borrow your computer," Raven says in her usual, authoritative monotone.

"Yeah, Batman is busy using his. And ours kinda got blown up..." Beastboy adds. "This sucks, man."