Chapter 58

[Unknown]
December 26, 16:09 JST

- - - - - - - - - -

"Once this wears off, I'm going to kill you!"

"Yeah, yeah. Nothing you haven't threatened before. Seriously, Dick, your creativity is suffering. Are you feeling okay?"

Renegade grits his teeth. He can only shout, "Don't. Call me that!" Successfully digging himself a hole.

All this screaming is making Tim's head hurt and he forces himself back into consciousness. If only to slap somebody.

"I'm just saying that you used to be so much more original."

"For the love of God, please shut the fuck up," Tim groans loudly. "Where am I?"

"See, Dick," A teen says gesturing to Tim. "That was impressive because he doesn't usually swear. Tim say 'fuck' again."

"No," Tim squints his eyes but he can't make out who is standing in front of him. He doesn't know how long he was out for, but he does know that his untreated concussion is making it hard to focus. "Where the hell am I? Who are you?"

Jason claps his hands in amusement while Renegade rolls his eyes.

"I thought about killing you at first- y'know, as an example to Bruce, but damn. You're good," the undead looks back over at his limp victim. "Don't you agree?"

"I agree with killing him."

"Eh, maybe. Still hasn't been crossed off my to-do list. Unfortunately, I need him alive for now."

Renegade didn't see the fuck why. Tim just understood that his life was not currently in any danger... for now, apparently.

"Will someone please explain to me what's going on?" Tim sits up, clutching his ever-pounding head.

"Yeah, Dick. Wanna tell him what's going on?"

Wait...Dick?

Tim looks past the first blurry human and onto the second. They are on a tall swivel chair and looked to be just slouching there. Though it is relatively cool in the paneled room, his half-naked body glistens with sweat. "Oh God...Dick, is that you?" Tim asks, crawling closer on his hands and knees. He almost topples over from a nauseating wave of vertigo, but still manages to inch closer. "Dick..."

"Fuck, stay away you bastard or I'll kill you now," The boy on the chair shouts. He had meant to sound angry and intimidating, but the others sensed the fearful undertones of his voice. If he hadn't been paralyzed, he would be trembling.

Tim understands. He understands it all. Tears brim at the edge of Tim's exposed eyes and he isn't even concerned that his identity is exposed to whoever else is in the room. He could worry about that later, Dick is here in front of him. "Jesus, Dick, I'm so sorry," Tim apologizes, his voice cracking. He pulls himself a little closer. "Please, I can explain-"

"Don't say anything," Renegade hisses.

Jason had just been watching the entire encounter, but upon Dick's words he narrows his eyes. He puts on his fake smile, "Oh, come on. It was just getting good."

Tim's vision is becoming a little clearer, and now he is right next to the man in question. Glancing up, he sees the face of someone he never expected to meet. "Wait...Jason?"

The second Robin gives a bow and a wink, "The one and only."

Suddenly, the previous conversation that had not yet registered in Tim's brain made sense. "How are you alive?! I read your autopsy report... I've visited your grave!"