9: Problem Solved

July 4, 2015
12:30pm

J A N E S S A ' S P O V

"Nessa, Nessa, NESSA, wake up!" shouted Victoria while shaking me.

I shoved her hand off of me. "What do you want Vicky? Leave me alone I'm tired." I rested my head back on my pillow.

"C'mon we're going to the sandlot, it's 4th of July!" she smiled.

"We're, as in us? You're coming?" I sat up in confusion.

"Yep, I've decided I should give baseball another try. I am good at it y'know." she bragged.

"In your dreams Vicky!" I scoffed sarcastically.

"Yeah-Yeah would you two just hurry up it's already 12:45!" Yeah-Yeah rolled his eyes while entering my room.

"Well I can't if you two are bothering me, I can't get dressed. So get out!" I pointed at the door.

They walked out of my room and Vicky shut the door behind her. My lord this family pisses me off, but there isn't anything I wouldn't do for them.

I took a 10 minutes shower, brushed my teeth, washed my face, brushed my straight light brown hair and picked out some clothes. I put on a black cropped tank top, black champion sweats, my baseball jersey, my blue LA cap, and laced up my white and black adidas.

 I put on a black cropped tank top, black champion sweats, my baseball jersey, my blue LA cap, and laced up my white and black adidas

                              ~ #30 Ramirez ~

I haven't worn my baseball jersey since I left my team in Utah. The BlueJays. I miss my team, and our victory celebrations, and just all my teammates in general. They'll always hold a special place in my heart, but I can't sulk about it. I have a new life in a new state with her friends and a new team.

My thoughts were suddenly interrupted when my door swung open. "Can you take any longer?" Vicky rolled her eyes.

"I'm done Ms. Impatient, let's go." I returned the eye roll.

I grabbed my glove and Vicky, Yeah-Yeah, and I were on the way to the sandlot.

Once we reached the sandlot we saw all the boys at the dugout. "Hey guys." Yeah-Yeah waved while walking toward the boys.

Me and Victoria started to make our way to the dugout behind Yeah-Yeah.

"Woah, who's that?" Squints pushed up his glasses to get a better look at my sister.

"Yeah, who is she!" Ham added.

"Eyes off boys, this is my sister and she is way to old for you guys." I chucked quietly.

Victoria giggled. "Hi Benny and DeNunez. Hi to the rest of you boys who's names I don't know."

"Hey Vicky." Benny smiled.

"Hi Vicky." DeNunez sent her a slight grin.

DeNunez signaled me toward him. "I told Benny it was a prank and that you had nothing to do with it."