5: A Win With Revenge

June 18, 2015
5:30am

J A N E S S A ' S   P O V

I woke up from a scary dream. I looked out the window and it was still dark. "What time is it." I whispered to myself. I picked up my phone and saw it was 5:30am. I let out a big sigh and laid back just staring at the ceiling thinking about yesterday.

After about 10 more minutes of thinking, a plan to get back at Benny popped into my mind. What if I texted Phillips getting him to help me get revenge on Benny. I knew how much the boys hated Phillips, so I would tell them my plan as long as they promised not to tell Benny.

My plan would have to take place after the baseball game. Even if the boys won I would say I was going to go with Phillips and his team instead of going back to the sandlot. Benny would lose it! This is was going to be great. After I got my revenge I would forgive him.

I picked up my phone searching for Philips' instagram profile. After a while of searching I found it. His full name was Jordan Phillips. I clicked the message button and texting him. Surprisingly he answered right away.
----
5:45am

Janessa Ramirez: Phillips, this is Janessa, the girl from the sandlot. Sorry for almost hitting you with the bat earlier, but I have a plan to get back at Rodriguez.

Jordan Phillips: It's alright. But what's the plan?

Janessa Ramirez: If my boys win I will say I'm still going with you even though they won, Benny will flip! After I say that you're boys and me and you will leave the field. After about 5 minutes me and you come back and tell Benny everything. But if you guys win I'll actually go with you.

Jordan Phillips: Alright, sounds good. What's in it for me though?

Janessa Ramirez: I'll go on a date with you, but you've gotta pay.

Jordan Phillips: Deal.

Janessa Ramirez: Thank you Phillips. See you later.

---

I shut my phone off and started getting ready. I had to get to the sandlot before Benny woke up so I could tell the boys the plan, if I didn't they wouldn't call me a traitor for siding with Phillips.

I went into the guest room to turn off Benny's alarm so he would sleep late enough for me to tell the boys the plan. After I turned the alarm off I ran to Vicky's
room.

"Vicky, wake up Benny at 8:00am and tell him I left to the sandlot. We have a game against Phillips today. Don't tell him I shut off his alarm though." I whispered to her.

She nodded as a reply.

I went back into my room, took a shower, brushed my hair and teeth, and picked out some clothes. I put on a grey tank top tucked into some black distressed skinny jeans and a Babe Ruth jersey. I laced up my black converse, put on my black Yankees cap and then checked the time. It was 7:30am. I silently ran down the stairs, out the door, and made my way to the sandlot.
---
After 5 minutes of walking I reached the sandlot. As I expected, all the boys were there playing baseball.

"Nessa why are you here so early, and where is Benny?" Bertram had a confused look on his face.

"That's what I came here so early to talk to you guys about. I told my sister to wake Benny up in about 25 minutes to come to the sandlot. Don't worry the game with the Tigers doesn't start until 10am." I told the boys.