1: Coming to Cali

𝐽𝑈𝑁𝐸 1𝑠𝑡, 2015

J A N E S S A ' S P O V

"We're here!'' exclaimed my mom happily.

I ripped my headphones out of my ear when I heard my mom say that we were here, we were really in California! I paused Stand By Me by Ben E. King and tucked my headphones in my pocket along with my phone. I missed my cousin Yeah-Yeah so much, he was my best friend and when he moved from Utah to California, I felt alone. Yeah, I had friends in Utah, but my baby cousin was more important to me than anything.

I climbed out of the car and looked out our new house.

"Wow.." I said in awe. "This place is amazing."

"C'mon baby sis, let's go check it out." my sister Victoria added.

"Why can't you just call me by my name Victoria?" I mumbled with a annoyed expression. "I call you by your name, I'm 14 now, I'm not a baby."

Victoria glared at me. "You'll always be a baby to me, I'm 17 your'e 14"

"Oh whatever, old lady!" I said snickering.

"Whatever you big baby!"

"Would you two stop fighting for once." my mom stated with a bored face. "Go upstairs and find your room's. Victoria's is to the left and Janessa's is to the left."

"Race you upstairs Vicky!" I said to my sister while flaring her a challenging look.

"Not if I beat you to it Nessa!" she said taking off toward the house.

☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎

I found my room and I immediately started unpacking. Grabbing my baseball box with my Babe Ruth decor and baseball trophies and jerseys. While shuffling through my baseball box, I came upon a picture of my dad and me at our home town's baseball diamond. I started to tear up, but before a tear could leave my face someone walked in my room.

"Hey Nessa, how do you like your new house?"
said a familiar voice.

I turned around and the brightest smile swept across my face.

"YEAH-YEAH!" I shouted excitedly running and hugging my baby cousin.

"I missed you Nessa..." said Yeah-Yeah with the brightest smile on his face while hugged me tightly.

After a few seconds I pulled out of the hug "I missed you more Yeah-Yeah, I can't wait to have fun with you this summer and all the summers to come baby cousin."

"Speaking of summer, I gotta show you the sandlot!" He spoke excitedly. "Me and my friends play there everyday and the game never stops!"

I shrugged "I guess I'll give it a shot."

"Yeah yeah, grab your glove and beat it Nessa!"

We giggled in unison.

"I need to get ready first Yeah-Yeah, you beat it out of my room boy! I chuckled. "Wait for me on the porch I'll be out in 10."

Yeah-Yeah walked out of my room and I shut the door behind him. I quickly brushed my hair and teeth, threw on a black tank top and my black and white flannel shirt leaving it open with some high-waisted maroon shorts and finished my outfit by lacing up my new pf flyers. With that I put my black Yankees hat on backward and went to meet Yeah-Yeah on the porch.