6: Camp Out (Continuation From Last Episode)

June 18, 2015
7:00pm

J A N E S S A ' S   P O V

Me and Benny were on the way back to my house to get some things for the camp out. I don't understand why we had to have a camp out though, I only asked one question. I wasn't complaining though, it sounded fun.

After about 5 minutes we reached the house and went inside. "Where are you two going?" Victoria asked.

"We're having a camp out with the boys, why are you so nosy?" I questioned her.

"Lose the attitude Nessa, you're my little sister, I'm not going to let you run around doing whatever considering the way you look." she tried to hold back her smile.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I glared at her.

"You're beautiful, I can't imagine how many boys are trying to-" I cut her off.

"I know what you're about to say, don't even say it. You know I don't do that stuff, I'm only 14 Vicky!" I laughed.

"You're 14 and you look my age but shorter! Just wait until you go back to school you're going to deal with a handful of mean girls." she patted my back and continued. "Anyways, you take care of my sister Rodriguez."

"You know I wouldn't let anything happen to her Vicky." Benny told her reassuringly.

Vicky nodded and turned to go into her room.

"Nessa, ven a casa mañana a las 10 am, va a haber algo importante aquí." my mom shouted from the living room.

"Alright mom, I will." I replied loud enough for her to hear me from the living room.

"She said you have to be home by 10 because something important is going to be here, I'm guessing?" Benny smiled.

"How did you know that?" I was shocked but I smiled.

"My mom is Hispanic, she rarely speaks Spanish anymore since my dad passed, but I grew up speaking Spanish most of the time." he replied with a slight grin.

My smile faded when he said his dad passed. "I never knew, also I'm sorry about you're dad. Why didn't you say anything?"

"I don't really talk about it much, he passed when I was little. I miss him but it's nothing to sulk about." he continued. ".... we should grab our stuff from your room now and head to Timmy and Tommy's treehouse. We're gonna be late."

I nodded. I didn't bother to carry on the conversation about his dad, assuming his didn't want to talk about it since he changed the subject.

I started making my way up the stairs to my room while Benny trailed a few steps behind me. When we got to my room, Benny walked over to my closet and started collecting his things to bring to the camp out.

I walked over to my dresser and picked out some black sweatpants and a grey hoodie to wear to sleep at the camp out. "I'm going to change into my pajamas in the bathroom, I'll be right out."

Benny nodded in response and went back to gathering his belongings.

I finished changing and grabbed my necessities that I needed from my bathroom and put them into my mini black leather bag.

I walked out of the bathroom and grabbed the rest of my stuff from my room. "You ready?" I asked Benny.

"Yeah, let's go." he smiled and wrapped his arms around my shoulder and we walked out of my room and made our way down the stairs.

I could feel the blood rushing to my cheeks and butterflies in my stomach. I feel like I'm in heaven when he touches me, I feel like I'm unstoppable with him by my side. I love this boy, but I know he doesn't love me. The thought of that makes me want to break down into a million pieces.