3: Just Bestfriends

June 16, 2015

J A N E S S A ' S P O V

It had been 2 weeks and 2 days since I moved here. Those 9 boys on that field are my best friends. We go to the sandlot and we play baseball everyday. I'm close to Benny more than all of them besides Yeah-Yeah. Although it seems like a short amount of time, I feel like I've know Benny my whole life. I really loved him, a lot.

"Nessa? Nessa!" shouted Ham. "Whats been going on with you lately? Get you're head in the game pretty girl."

"Sorry, Ham a lot has been on my mind lately." I grinned at him.

"It's alright just focus, we don't want pretty girl to get hit by the ball" he chuckled while lowering his helmet back down.

I laughed and then focused on the ball.

DeNunez was about to throw me a curve ball, I can see it in his eyes. I get into my perfect batting stance and prepare to smack DeNunez' curve ball.

"Give me all you got pitcher boy." I winked at him.

"You got it pretty girl." DeNunez smirked.

He pitched that curve ball at me. I felt it was coming at me in slow motion. You got it Nessa, You got it Nessa!

CRACK!

I dropped my bat and started running the bases in excitement. "I DID IT! I HIT DENUNEZ' CURVE BALL!" I ran shouting with joy. When I reached home I realize they still hadn't picked up the ball.

"Guys, you gotta come look! NOW!" shouted Smalls.

We all gathered around the busted ball in shock.

"Nessa busted the damn guts out of that ball, a curve ball!" exclaimed Ham.

"I busted the guts out of DeNunez' curve ball!" I said excitedly.

"I thought I'd never see this again since last summer when Benny did it!" Bertram said surprised.

DeNunez looked at that busted ball in disbelief.

I ran to Benny and jumped in his arms. "I did it I finally did it!"

"You did it Nessa! I'm so proud of you!" He kissed me on my forehead.

"I'm lucky to have you as my best friend Rodriguez!" I smiled at Benny.

"I'm the luckiest boy in the world to even have you in my life." Benny whispered into my ear.
I blushed a little. He was still hugging me so I dug my face into his neck. It was comfortable right here.
----
It started to get dark and we all started heading home.

"Hey Benny..." I said.

"Whats up Nessa?" he replied.

"Do you want to sleep over at my house today? We can watch movies and eat all night!" I said excitedly waiting for a response.

"Of course, let me go ask my mom." He smiled walking to his house and I turned to walk to mine.

A few minutes later I heard a knock on the door but Vicky answered it. So I just stayed in my room.

B E N N Y ' S P O V

"Benny?" said Victoria.

"Yeah, I'm staying the night here with Nessa." I replied.

"Oh really...." she smirked.

"Not like that Victoria, she's my best friend! I don't have time for girls!"

"Benny you don't have to lie to me, I knew from the start when we moved here. You never want to be away from her and she never wants to be away from you. You always kiss her forehead and cheek. I see the way you look at her Benjamin. You don't have to hide it from me." she smirked