7: Someone's Here

June 19, 2015
9:00am

J A N E S S A ' S P O V

I woke up to the sounds of forks clacking on plates. Nobody was in the treehouse except me and Benny. I was about to get up but then I realize that Benny's arm were wrapped firmly around my waist. Oh god, we were never going to hear the end of this one.

I slowly moved out of his embrace trying my best not to wake him up. When I finally made it out of his embrace I went straight to the table to grab my phone. I felt hands grab my waist and turn me around.

"Good morning." Benny mumbled with a smile.

"Good morning Benny. I tried my best not to wake you up, I'm sorry." my lips curled into a grin.

"You didn't wake my up, I was already awake. I just didn't want to move."

I could feel my cheeks heat up red. I smiled at him then looked at the ground trying to hide my blush.

I turned back around a picked up my phone to text my brother back in Utah. He stayed behind because he wanted to finish high school out there, so he stayed with my dad. My parents were split that's why my mom brought us to California, she wanted out of the whole relationship.

I opened my phone and was about to text him u til Benny spoke. "Who are you texting?"

"My brother, it's his birthday today." I replied beginning to text him.

"I didn't know you had a brother, why isn't he here with you?" Benny questioned with a curious look on his face.

"My parents are split, that's why my mom moved us to California. My brother stayed with my dad in Utah to finish high school out there. He said he didn't want to come to California and make new friends all over again. I really miss him." I frowned.

"I'm pretty sure he misses you as much at you miss him." Benny smiled while hugging me from behind.

My sorrow went away when he hugged me. I felt all my worries drift out of me when he wrapped me in his embrace. "Thanks Benny, I don't know what I'd do without you." I smiled down at the floor trying to hide my rosy cheeks.

Benny kissed my forehead and removed his hands from around me. "I'm going to go get some breakfast with the others, come out when you're done."

I nodded and he walked out of the treehouse. I began to text my big brother again. He was a year younger than my older sister which made him 16. Since he wanted to finish high school out in Utah that would mean he wouldn't come to California for another year.
---
Janessa Ramirez: Hey Brandon, Happy Birthday. I love you and miss you. Me, mom, and Victoria can't wait to see you. We all wish you were here in California with us. Hope you have a good day. Love, Janessa.

Brandon Ramirez: Thank you sis. I miss you too. Sorry I didn't come to California with you guys. Utah is my home. I don't think I'll be coming to California when I graduate. Sorry Nessa, love you lots. Para siempre y para siempre, Brandon.

---
I felt my heart sink into my stomach. My eyes began to tear. My brother wasn't going to come to California at all. He wasn't even going to visit. I smashed my back into the wall and slowly started sliding down the wall, crying. Warm tears fell down my face. I wanted my brother, that's all I wanted right now.

I was crying for about 5 minutes when I heard the treehouse door open. I quickly slammed both of my hands up to my head, covering my face. I didn't know who came in the treehouse, but I didn't want them to see me like this.

"Hey, Nessa... whats wrong?" the voice belonged to Yeah-Yeah.

I removed my hands from my face and looked up at him. "Brandon is not coming to California, at all." Those words made me cry even harder when I said them out loud.