8: Secret Spiller

Start from the beginning

"Best friends." Benny cut in then laughed with me.

"Wow, I really thought you guys were a couple! You guys would look so cute together." Melody smirked.

I felt my cheeks burn red. "Haha... well I'm going to finish watch this movie with him, I'll talk to you later." I mumbled.

"Alright, talk to you later Nessa. Bye!" Melody hung up the phone.

I turned off my phone and put it on my dresser.

After sitting in silence for a few minutes. I broke it with my curiosity. "Benny..." I uttered.

"Yes?" he asked.

"Did you actually mean what you said to her about me...?" I questioned nervously.

"Well, uh... yeah." he smiled then turned to watch the rest of the movie.

Wow... he actually meant it. He thought I was cute, and he liked me when he first saw me? But did he mean in a crush way or a friendly way? I would be to embarrassed to ask that. I just let my curiosity eat me up.

After the movie was over we laid in silence until Benny spoke. "I'm gonna head over to the sandlot now, you coming?" he grinned.

"I'm gonna spend the day with my brother, I'll see you tomorrow though." I replied with a slight grin.

"Not if I see you first." he winked.

"You stole my phrase!" I laughed.

He laughed and walked out of my room, closing the door behind him.

After a few more minutes of laying down I got up and decided to get ready to spend the day with Brandon.

I took a quick shower, brushed my hair & teeth, and picked out some clothes. I put on a black tank top tucked into my high waist distressed white skinny jeans, laced up my black and white vans and put my Yankees cap on backwards.

Since I was done getting ready, I grabbed my phone and ran out of my room and into my brothers.

"You ready to go?" Brandon asked me with a smile.

"Yes! Let's go ride some rides!" I smiled in return.

Brandon nodded, grabbed his car keys, and we were out the door, ready for some fun.

We got into is car and he turned on the song Just Can't Get Enough by The Black Eyed Peas.

This was going to be fun.

D E N U N E Z P O V

We were all sitting in the dugout after playing for a while. I don't know why Nessa didn't come today. Nobody told me she wasn't coming. Out of all people, Benny would probably know. So I walked over to him and asked him.

"Hey Benny, why didn't Nessa come today?" I asked him.

"She's going to spend time with her brother today." he replied.

"Oh okay. Thanks man." I sat down next to him.

He nodded.

Bertram came up to me. "Kenny remember 2 weeks ago at the camp out."

"Yeah, what about it?" I lifted an eyebrow in curiosity.

"I heard you, Nessa, and Yeah-Yeah talking. I heard that Nessa likes Benny!" Bertram exclaimed loudly.

Benny's eyes widened and his head immediately turned toward us.

"Bertram, you idiot. Now Nessa is gonna kill both of us!" I slapped my forehead. Nessa is never going to talk to me around these boys again.

Bertram slowly turned his head realizing that Benny heard the whole thing. "Oops...." Bertram mumbled, scratching the back of his head.

"Nessa likes me?" Benny asked. His cheeks were red and his eyes were wide.

Bertram and I nodded our heads in unison. We were dead meat!

We had to talk to Benny about this whole thing right now, and find out how he felt.

"Benny... do you have feelings for Nessa?"

J A N E S S A ' S P O V
5:30pm

Me and my brother had been at the fairgrounds riding rides, eating food, and playing games all day. I missed my brother so much, I was so happy I got to spend this time with him.

"Thanks for spending the day with me Brandon." I smiled.

"No problem sis, I missed you a lot." he returned the gesture.

"I missed you even more." I hugged him.

He hugged me back. I broke out of the hug when I heard my phone get a notification.
---
Kenny DeNunez: Nessa, Bertram heard us talking about you liking Benny 2 weeks ago at the camp out. I really need to tell you what happened today, meet me at your house in 10 minutes.

Janessa Ramirez: I swear if you guys did something stupid I will hurt both of you. I'll be there in 10.

---

I felt a wave of anger over me. I had a feeling they did something dumb. "Brandon, we need to go home now."

"Why?" he raised an eyebrow at me.

"I have to meet my friend at the house in 10 minutes, just go!" I shouted angrily.

"Alright, alright." he uttered.

We got in the car and drove off. When we got to my house, Kenny was sitting on the porch waiting for me. He shot up from sitting down and ran to me.

"Don't be mad alright?..." Kenny murmured nervously.

"I'm already mad DeNunez!" I grabbed his wrist and pulled him in the house, up the stairs, and into my room. He shut the door behind him as I dragged him behind me. "What the hell did you and Bertram do?"

"Hey I didn't do anything, it was all Bertram and his loud mouth, I-" I cut him off.

"JUST TELL ME WHAT HAPPENED!" I screamed at him.

"Okay, okay calm down." he continued "I was sitting next to Benny and then Bertram came up to me and was like remember at the camp out 2 weeks ago. And I was like yeah what about it. Then Bertram said very loudly, that he heard you say you had feelings for Benny, and Benny heard it."

"WHAT?" I screamed. I tried to hard not to strangle my best friend. Instead of hurting him, I plopped down onto my bed and started to cry. "How could you guys do this to me. I probably lost my best friend because you guys have big mouths!" I cried even harder and louder.

"Hey, hey calm down. I asked Benny about it and he didn't really have a response. His whole 'I have no time for girls act' really just took over him at that point. Me and Bertram came up with a plan though." DeNunez added while rubbing my shoulder.

"Well what's the plan?" I choked on my tears while trying to speak.

"Me and Bertram are going to tell him that it was a prank and you had nothing to do with it. The 'prank' is going to be that we wanted to see how he would react to you liking him..."

"If it doesn't work, I'm never coming out of my room again DeNunez." I wiped my tears and sat up.

"I promise it will Nessa." DeNunez continued. "Wanna watch a movie or something?"

I smiled. "Of course."

HEY GUYSSS!!! This was kind of a boring episode but im trying to do better. Love ya.
xoxo, jrodriguezzz21.