Humans vs Monsters I

""Long live the king!""

With three days left until they arrive at Tempest, the humans kept partying and drinking each night in order to keep their morale high. 

Many of them are in high spirits, due to them thinking they would win this war. But only a few of them remain skeptical.

A certain party of a hero infiltrated the army. Youm, he was requested for help in order to keep an eye on the army by Rimuru.

Although he remains uneasy, he and his party members play the role of spy's perfectly. He was the perfect man to select for this mission. He is originally from Farmus after all.

Some soldiers even look up to him, not because of his strength, because of who he is.

His training in Tempest seemed to have played a big part on how he is now. He even tried to dissuade some soldiers into taking part of the war beforehand. Thanks to that, youngsters who originally had planned to join the army, ended up not joining.

Only the faces of people who were veterans of war were commonly seen here.

"Youm, are you still awake?"

"Myuran? I'm stil awake, I just can't help but feel bad about these poor soldiers."

"...This is what they chose, we can't influence every single person."

"I hate the fact that that's true. If only I had more time."

"Come one Youm, you know you did your best, even helped a lot of those young men."

"Well... let's just hope that they don't regret their decision in the afterlife."

"....! Aghh..."

"Myuran! What's wrong??"

"I'm fine..."

"Myuran..."

The night before the war, Myuran's condition is getting worse and worse by the second. She's been avoiding meeting eye to eye contact with Youm for the past 2 days.

This would obviously alarm Youm, enough so that he contacted Rimuru for help.

'Lord Rimuru! I have a problem, it's about one of my closet party members Myuran. She's... losing her vitality as we speak! Please, can you spare some time–'

'Woah woah woah, slow down there, can you tell me this without panicking?'

'I'm sorry, it's just... she's been avoiding me recently. Ever since she started showing signs of some kind of disease.'

'All right, I'll come there, but pick a location where the army won't notice us.'

'Right! Thank you very much!'

Afterwards, Youm searched for Myuran with great haste. After 20 minutes of looking for her, he had found her alone, on a nearby lake.

"Myuran!"

"Youm... no please, don't come close to me!"

"Don't worry, I've asked Lord Rimuru to help you."

"What did you say...?"

"Hello, so, where is the patient?"

"Lord Rimuru! Here, Myuran's getting paler and paler everytime I see her."

"Hmm... Youm, can you leave the two of us alone for a bit?"

"Understood."

Let's see, should I just get straight to the point and ask her if she's getting attacked by Clayman? Wait no, treating her comes first at times like these.