Demise II

Benimaru and Shizue slowly approach the abnormal entity emitting dangerous amounts of magicules. The closer they got, the more intimidating the entity behaved.

"Hold on a second. It seems that it's getting more active the more we approach it."

Benimaru, who is as sharp as ever, exclaimed.

"I agree. This monstrous presence seems to react whenever we get closer." Said Shizue.

Benimaru, Shizue, and every other individual there felt great animosity from the entity right before their path.

"Before any of you think of getting any closer, I need to contact Lord Rimuru for confirmation. As much as this would slow us down, don't approach it for now."

All of them agreed to Benimaru's decision.

"Excuse me Lord Rimuru, I have something to ask."

"Ah yes, is it about that being behind those flock of knights?"

As expected of Lord Rimuru! He was already aware of our situation.

"Yes. What are your orders, Lord Rimuru?"

"I suggest you not to engage it in combat. Neither you nor Shizue can fight it."

"Understood!"

With the order given, Benimaru informs the rest of the crew.

"Everyone! I just received an order not to engage that "thing" in combat. This is a top priority, no matter what, do not engage it in combat."

Besides, it's now showing signs of it wanting to engage us in combat.

"Lord Benimaru, what shall we do with these unconscious knights?"

"Take them as prisoners of course. Lord Rimuru shall be the one to pass on judgment to those that oppose us."

"Right!"

For a while, Benimaru and the others were only battling the knights. Some knights were quite powerful, as Gobta and his men were severely getting pushed back. But, to Benimaru or Shizue, it was a day's work of exercise.

"Have we got most of them around here?" asked Shizue.

"We advanced rather quickly, so the front lines still have a bit of knights left there. However, Shion went back to fetch them without me noticing, so I think we'll be fine."

Fetch?— Thought Shizue.

"Also, I've been analyzing that "thing". It seems like it won't show aggression if we don't."

"Yes, it would seem so. Also, it reacts to the level of magicules around it. Even if we hide ours, it can still sense the amount we have."

"Huh? So that explains why it's more hostile towards us than the few hobgoblins that got near it."

Shizue nods in response.

Most of the enemy knights have either been captured or have fled the battlefield. Shizue takes a loop around the forest to see if any knights were hiding.

"...there doesn't seem to be any here. Guess I'll go back."

There was approximately a 60-meter distance between the entity and Shizue. Shizue judged that it wouldn't react too much even at this level of distance.

However, her high counts of magicules would insufficiently help to that conclusion.

The enemy they were facing was rather... complicated. It had pure black armor, contrary to the knight's silver-white armor. Its magicule counts reached up to the million class. Most importantly, it has a Unique Gift–[Conjurer].