Intermission

Phew, finally lost them, those damn guards wont give up. I think Hinata told them off, but they didn't listen to her. Anyways, let's teleport to Tempest here, no one seems to be watching.

"Oh, you're back Rimuru."

"Yeah, it's been a few weeks, we're you behaving?"

"O-Of course I was! Aside from those incidents...."

So you DID do something while I was away. I'll ask Shuna about those shenanigans later, for now I want the security force to drive away the monsters towards the advancing army. At least that will slow them down.

"Oh yeah, Rimuru, I've got a problem."

"What is it?"

"You see... my sister.... Velzard, has invited me to come to the frozen continent where she resides"

"So what? Go."

Uwahh, his expression tells me that he doesn't want to go. But you got invited, it'd be rude to turn it down without a proper reason.

"You know I don't want to Rimuru!!!"

Come to think of it, why did she invite Veldora in the first place? From what I remember, she usually doesn't do that.

"You'll be fine, what could she do to you if you behave"

"So, if I just act like a good adult she won't do anything huh, as if!"

"She's your sister, you know her more than I do"

Dude, are you really that opposed to visiting your own sister! She really did a number on you huh? I mean, she used to destroy you unilaterally, can't really blame you if you have a trauma about her.

"Tell me this, do you know why she invited you?"

"Funny thing is, she just wants to talk"

"Eh?"

"...Weird right!? She never invites me like that! Even if she does, I would always end up dead the moment she sees me!"

"How bad were you before I met you man."

"Hmph! Just so you know, I've grown since then"

Yeah yeah, told me that a million times already.

"Well, you know you can't die unless I die, so you should go. Here, take this."

I give him some clothes to wear to cheer him up. It's the same type as last time, only difference now is it looks more fancier.

"Kuhahaha! These clothes look good on me don't you think!"

"Yeah, I've designed it like the previous clothes I gave you, this time, I made some improvements." 

"You never fail to cheer me up Rimuru, I'll go now, you don't have to worry about me anymore!"

At least your willing to go now.

"Don't die, see ya later."

I jokingly send him off with those words, gave me a laugh from the way he reacted to it. That's taken care off.

"Lord Rimuru, you're back! Welcome back."

"It's nice to be home."

Shuna sent notice of my arrival after she gave me reports on what was going on while I was away. A couple minutes later, the rest of the executives show up. Some greeted me through telepathy, some greeted me personaly.

"Welcome back Lord Rimuru, how was your journey?"

"It was great, although I've got some news while I was there. Prepare for a meeting in a few days, in the mean time, tighten the security around Tempest. Also, send Gobta and a few goblin riders to drive away the monsters towards the west."

"Understood"

**

4 days later, the executive meeting concerning about the advancing humans heading towards Tempest.

"Let us start, first, their numbers amount to 30,000"

"That's a lot, could there be more than 1 country responsible for this?"

"No, from what I know, it's only one. But the extra numbers are from a demon lord's support."

My second statement got them riled up, but no so much as it would disturb us, only small discussions here and there. 

'Lord Rimuru, I have finished gathering information.'

'Really? Can you come here now?'

'That's a given my lord.'

"Good news, Testarossa has finished her information gathering, I have called her here to share it with us."

As I was saying this, Testarossa, appeared right next to me. Only a few of them were caught off guard, the others payed attention to her in anticipation of her info. She gives me an elegant bow, then proceeded at my command.

"Everyone, I'm most deeply sorry, it took me a while to gather this information. First, about the reason behind the army itself. A kingdom called Farmus, and their king, compiled this army with the objective of invading our country."

"What! How dare they!"

"Unforgivable!"

As I though, that Farmus again, is the king really that dumb, or is Yuuki just that good.

"Calm down, she not even finished yet."

At my words they all hold themselves back, yep, just held back. They didn't really calm down, I'm guessing they're still troubled.

"Secondly, the Farmus army only contained 20,000. The extra people are from a far away country as they say. I've got a map directly from one of the commanders, he said that the army came from this direction."

"That's towards either Milims territory, or Clayman's"

"I suspect that it's from demon lord Clayman."

"I think so too, Testarossa, did you identify any men that came from Clayman?"

"I have, it was easier than I though, they weren't even hiding their identities. Majins were practically every where."

"Right, Rigur, how is the security team holding up?"

"We're currently patrolling on constant loops around Tempest with 2 groups of 3 overlapping each other. Currently, the army heading towards us are nowhere near the viewing point."

"Good, Benimaru, are the soldiers ready for battle?"

"Ready as we'll ever be my lord."

I look at Testarossa hinting for her to continue.

"Now as for the final information I have, it's about the church. Rumors about the church circulated among the people in the army. They say that the church we're acting weird, and that the church refused to help them in this invasion."

Hmm, I don't know if Ruminas was behind that or someone else. But that's a really crucial information, the church's barrier was what caused the weakening of my subordinates in the past. Causing us a lot of casualties.

My men seems to be concerned about this too. Seems like they're surprised to hear the church refusing to lend a hand, even though we're all monsters here.

"I don't get it, why would the church refuse to lend them help."

It couldn't be because of Hinata, she only met me a few days ago, and this army had been preparing for who knows how long.

"There's no point in trying to figure out what they're thinking, for now, focus on defending Tempest."

""""Roger""""

"Testarossa, I know you're probably tired from all that work, but can you gather the other 2 and Diablo as well?"

"It doesn't bother me at all my lord. I will do anything you wish."

"Then I'm counting on you."

"Yes."

"Everyone! This discussion is over! Go to you're respective tasks and complete them before the army arrives!"

""""""As you wish Lord Rimuru!""""""