ch 4: Infosys campus Life

Note: Readers can skip this chapter. This is only a brief introduction of Infosys Campus Life. This chapter will not talk much about main characters. If there is difficulty in understanding anything please do comment to me, I will be happy to respond to your questions.

****

It was Sunday, Yajna reached Mysore around 6:30 A.M. As soon as Yajna walked out of the station, she was surrounded by Taxi drivers. She took taxi along with few unknown people to reach the campus

Yajna entered the gate after her offer letters and photos got verified.

There was a long queue ahead of Yajna. While waiting in the queue, she saw Nikhil at the queue in the front but didn't see him clearly. The girl from behind her asked "Excuse me, The line has moved front."

Yajna turned around and replied "I am sorry" dragged her trolley along with her little forward. She searched for Nikhil but couldn't find him. Her mind voice "Maybe I started daydreaming about him. Why am I daydreaming about him?"

After Yajna waited for around two hours in the burning sun, the Security person Called Yajna "Next.."

Yajna's luggage bags were security checked which was taken in a transport vehicle.

Security sent the Yajna and other trainees in another vehicle to the huge monument called GEC-2 (Global Education Center). There were markers indicating where Trainees had to go. They have given her a temporary Id-Card along with room keys and an induction kit, and a paper stating the formalities for the next day.

Later, the driver was taken the training people in the vehicle to the respective ECC* . Yajna was sent to ECC 53. (ECC - Employees Care Center where Training people used to stay. One of the Company rules is Trainees should compulsorily stay in the ECC during Training period)

Before Yajna reached the ECC, a transport vehicle was standing in front of the ECC 53. She got her luggages and entered her room 106 in the first floor of her building. The room has everything in it like a five star hotel room. Yajna met a new roommate Who was lying in the bed and watching television. As soon as she saw Yajna. She got up from the bed and introduced "Hi I am Pooja. "

"Hi, I am Yajna. I guess I will be your new roommate. You are a trainee too."

"I completed my training a week back. I got a posting in Chennai and leaving the campus in a week. My date of joining was delayed because of the heavy rain in Chennai."

Yajna called her collegemate through the phone who was selected in the same company "Hey Atshara, Where are you? Just now I checked into my room"

Atshara asked "I am at ECC 53"

"I am in the same building too. Which room?"

Atshara replied "001"

"I am at 106. I will come to your room after a quick bath"

Atshara said "Actually my parents are waiting in FC 1. I am going to send them off"

"Wait for me, let's go together. I will send my greetings to your parents"

Atshara and Yajna went to FC1 and had lunch with Atshara's parents.
Atshara's said to Yajna "Take care of each other"

Yajna replied "Don't worry mom, I will take care of her". They send off her parents and went back to their rooms

Nikhil and Ankur got ECC 89 and different rooms. Nikhil took a quick shower and went to have lunch with Ankur at the FC 8 nearby. It had the capacity of occupying more than 800 persons at the same time and there were 7 more FC(Food Court) inside the campus.

There were different stalls from North Indian to South Indian food and there were a variety of other things too, like there were a variety of juices from Mango to strawberry.

After lunch, Nikhil went around the campus with Ankur. They found a mini supermarket, Rock climbing, Cricket ground, dome-like structure called Multiplex where they play recent English and Hindi movies.

Finally Sports complex which contains swimming pool, bowling, Table tennis, Aerobics, parlour for girls and boys.

There were around 3000 cycles of Ladybird and Hercules all over the campus for 12000+ trainees. No other vehicle should be used inside the campus.

Nikhil and Ankur returned to their ECC after roaming around the campus for the rest of the day and fell asleep.