Ch 66: Nyi And Nyunt.

Leila sneaked out the next day to the temple alone. She finds Suraj craving or chiseling the Buddha statue. Leila came behind Suraj "Wow, You really chisel this statue. I never thought you are talented"

Suraj surprised by her presence "What are you doing here, Ms?"

"Leila McCoy. You can call me by the name Leila."

Suraj said "You shouldn't be here alone"

"I know. I came to meet you. You are really a Sculptor? "

"No, it's just my hobby, Ms. Leila McCoy"

"Call by my name Leila. Do you have any other sculptures like this? "

Suraj showed his other work "Usually, I chisel Buddha statues like the one, You saw before. There is nothing special"

"Why chisel only Buddha statues?"

Suraj replied "I am a devotee of Buddha and Sun. So, I only chisel Buddha Statue"

Suraj finished his sculpture work and walked out of the temple. Leila followed him "Can you show me around your place?"

"No, I am busy"

"Nobody said No to me except my father. Tell me What are you busy with? Sculpture?"

Suraj stopped and turned to her "You should probably return to your home." When he stepped towards her as she stepped back.

People came with the guy bleeding so badly. "Suraj Maung(Younger brother), Help him. He got beaten up by the British people (Burmese) "

Suraj said "Take him to my house. I will treat him.(Burmese)"

Leila followed Suraj. Suraj treated the patient's wounds with Ayurveda medicines. Ram entered the house. He too helped Suraj with the treatment of Patient. Ram said "You learned everything so quickly Suraj(Hindi)"

Ram looked at Leila and asked "Why are you here? Did you see how your people beat him up?"

Leila apologized "I apologise to you on their behalf"

Zin Yarzar (Yudhishthira) entered Suraj's House and said "We don't want your apology. We want a freedom from you"

Leila was scared by Zin Yarzar. Suraj said to Leila "You should leave this place right now"

Leila left the place and reached her house. She went to her room. She muttered to herself "It's not my fault. Still, I apologised to him. Everyone wants me to leave the place, especially Suraj"

Next day, When Leila was roaming around the city with her brother "Brother, Why do we have to treat the Burmese slave?"

William said "Don't get involve with other people's business. Single person can't change every thing."

William saw his friends and introduced him to his Sister "He is Nyi Nyi Maung (Sahadeva) and he is his twin brother Nyunt Shein (Nakula). They both are my Burmese friend."

William continued "When I came here for the first time, They both guided me around the place. Nyunt taught me Krabi-Krabong (Burmese Martial arts) and Nyi Nyi taught me Burmese, Tamil and Hindi."

Leila extended her hands for a handshake "Hello, Nice to meet you Nyi and Nyunt"

Nyi said "I overheard your question Why do you have to slave Burmese people?"

Leila beg her pardon.

Nyi replied "I will answer your question. If british did not rule us. They will slave people among themselves through upper caste and lower caste. You can see unity with them, Only when they fighting against British people "

Nyi continued "In future, When they got independence from British. They atleast know to fight for themselves. Burmese people will kill Burmese Indian for their own good, rest will become their refugees"

Leila asked "How do you know about these?"

Nyunt said "Nyi Nyi Maung is a fortune teller"