36

SKYLAR POV

It's been a few days since I've been stuck here with Klause. I can't mindlink, I can't communicate in any kind of way with my mate or anybody else. This whole thing was torture and I'm fucking starving. I don't know what Klause has planned but I know it isn't good.

My head quickly turned to the door when Klause walked inside, smirking as usual. I rolled my eyes and attempted to pull at the cuffs but I instantly felt my body become stiff as if he was holding me down. I let out a grunts as I tried to fight against it but nothing worked.

"Thrashing just makes it painful, Skylar," he said, walking up to me.

"Fuck you," I muttered, glaring at him.

I was able to move by myself and I instantly sat up, feeling weak. Klause looked at me and must've noticed how frail I looked since he snapped his fingers and someone walked inside with a plate of food. My mouth watered but I shook my head.

"Don't eat that shit, he could've poisoned it," my wolf spoke up, catching my attention.

"How are you able to talk to me, again? You haven't talked in days."

"Because he doesn't know that his sucky ass magic doesn't get rid of me for long. So, you're stuck with me but don't make it obvious."

I glanced at Klause then back at the plate.

"If you think I'm eating that, you're dumber than I thought," I muttered.

"That's your choice. I'm not forcing you to eat but you'll still be weak," he said back.

"I wouldn't be weak if you didn't have this magical bind on me," I snapped, thrashing against the cuffs again.

"Anyways, we're going to take a little trip in a few so I just wanted to let you know that."

"Where are you taking me?" I asked as my fear started to creep back.

"It's a surprise. Now, when I have those cuffs taken off don't do anything stupid or you'll know what happens." Once he said that, he snapped his fingers and two of his workers walked in and undid my cuffs.

I rubbed my wrists then looked at the door. This was my chance but... there's no telling what could happen if I tried to run. On cue, Klause yanked me off of the metal surface and pulled me to another room. It was empty, cold, and it smelt like shit.

"What is this?" I asked.

"You'll see," he said before waving his hand in a circular motion before the room was lit up by a blinding light.

My forearm went up to my eyes but when I removed it they immediately watered.

"Lukas," I whispered, covering my mouth to silence the sobbing.

"He can't hear you nor see you. I just wanted you to see how much he was... suffering," he whispered the last part and forced me to watch.

Lukas was sitting in his office, tugging at his hair and I heard the slightest of sobs. My heart ached and all I wanted to do was pull him into my arms. Klause noticed the tears falling down my cheeks and a slight smirk formed on his face. I flinched when Lukas slammed his fist on the desk before breaking down into painful cries. I fell to my knees, feeling my legs grow weak and the emotions becoming overwhelming.

"You see, you could've been home way sooner than planned, Skylar. If only you give me what I want,"Klause spoke up as the light was gone and now it was just me and him.