12

We were all sitting in the living room, an awkward silence floating around. After I pointed out more than once that it would be better if I left and kept everyone safe, Lukas decided we should talk about this rationally. There isn't really anything to talk about, because they both know that I am right.

I really care about Lukas, I really do but I don't want him getting killed because of me. Daniella is like a sister and best friend all in one, I can't lose her either. They're just too important to me and I can't have them risk their lives.

I wouldn't be able to forgive myself if any of that happened.

"Skylar, you're worrying too much," Lukas said, making me look up at him.

Why do I keep forgetting that he can hear my thoughts?

"Because you think too much. We don't care if you think that you're a danger to us," he pointed out, his eyes forbidding to leave mine.

"Skylar, believe it or not, we actually care about you. If we have to put our lives at risk to protect you than we will," Daniella jumped in.

"But you shouldn't have to do that for me. I'm putting you and your pack at risk by me just being here. Klause is going to continue getting into my head and coming here until he gets me," I explained, running my fingers through my hair with a sigh.

"We won't let that happen, Skylar," Lukas said in more of a growl.

"I'm not worth lives, Lukas!" I yelled, getting onto my feet. "He's way more powerful than anybody in this pack, including Dani. He can cause me pain without even being around me and I don't know how to stop it. Klause has already made it clear that he's going to come for me."

"Skylar, listen to me. We know that you're scared and we know you don't want anyone else to get hurt. But you also need to understand that we actually care about you and don't want to see you dead," Lukas spoke again, his eyes not leaving mine.

"I-I know that," I stuttered.

"Then trust us, okay? We won't let anything happen to you, I promise." I nodded, not being able to look away from him.

Daniella noticed it too and I saw her smile from the corner of my eye before she got up and walked off. Lukas on the other hand, got up and came over to me and sat beside me.

"I'm scared," I whispered, closing my eyes.

"I know, Skylar. But you aren't going through this alone, we're all here," Lukas said, cupping my cheek.

I nodded with a small smile. "I know."

He caught me by surprise when his lips magically ended up on mine. My hand moved up to his hair, gripping it as our lips continued to move in a slow pace.

His arm snaked around my waist while one hand was tangling itself in my hair. He let out a low groan before pulling away then pecking my lips, placing his forehead on mine.

"If I kept going, I wouldn't be able to stop," he whispered.

The thing was... I didn't want him to stop. I didn't know how to respond to that without pecking his lips one more time. I felt the heat rush to my cheeks when I started to get lost in his eyes. They just drew me in and I felt all of the anxiousness and fear just vanish.