26

"I can't do this, Dani," I groaned, laying on the floor of the living room.

"We've gotta keep trying, Skylar. You'll get it."

Daniella has been trying to help me heal
others. I've only learned how to heal myself but healing others are way harder. Her and Rick have been giving themselves minimal injuries so I could heal them but nothing has been working.

"Listen, you will get this. We believe you and we also need you to focus. If you're mind is all over then you can't focus on the task at hand," Rick told me, throwing is arm around my shoulder.

"You wanna try again now?" Daniella asked.

"After I get a snack. I'm going to need more energy for this," I sighed, getting onto my feet and going to the pantry looking for a snack.

A granola bar was the first thing I set my eyes on so I grabbed two of them. I opened one with my teeth then bit into it with a hum. Lukas walked over to me, smacking my butt before standing next to me.

"How's the training going?" He asked me.

"Horrible. I can't get it and it's frustrating. We've been trying for hours and there's no progress being shown."

"That kind of mindset is a sure way for you to fail, Skylar."

"Wha- Lukas!"

"Don't 'Lukas' me. Just because I'm your mate doesn't mean I'm going to be all nice when it comes to this. You need to stop doubting yourself and actually focus. Everybody in this house wants you to get this... everyone but you."

"It's just hard. Plus, I've never had this many people depend on me before."

"Well, now you do. Now, will you try harder?" Lukas asked me, kissing my cheek.

"Yes, I'll try harder. After my granola bars," I answered, grinning.

He chuckles, pecking my lips then walking back to our room. Daniella and Rick were waiting for me while I finished my snack. It didn't take long obviously so I eventually made it back to them.

For a few minutes, Dani helped me clear my mind and to relax. That was until I felt an intense pain in my arm.

"Ow, shit!" I groaned, holding my arm.

"What's wrong?" Rick asked, coming to my side.

"I-I don't know. It's my arm."

"Hang on, where's Lukas?" Dani asked, looking around.

I quickly got up and went to the room and the bathroom light was on. Walking inside, Lukas was leaning against the sink and rinsing off his arm.

"What happened?" I asked, walking over to him.

"A little accident, but I'll be fine."

"Wait, let me see." I gently grabbed his arm and looked over the cut before placing my hand over it.

It wasn't too bad but eventually the bleeding stopped. My eyes closed and Lukas let out a few pained grunts while I felt my hand start to tingle a little. A few seconds later, I opened my eyes and Dani, Rick, and Lukas were looking at me with their mouths slightly open.

"What?"

"You fucking did it, that's what! You healed Lukas' arm, Skylar!"

I glanced at Lukas arm and honestly, I didn't even believe I did it. A smile formed on my face before I looked back at Lukas.

"You did that on purpose, didn't you?"

He grinned then said, "Maybe I did, maybe I didn't. You needed a little push."