7

As usual, I woke up in a comfy bed, forgetting what the hell happened the night before. I tried to sit up, but a set of large arms were keeping me in the same position.

Soft snores sounded in my ear, instantly making me turn around to be face to face with Lukas. His lips were slightly parted, his eyes shut tightly while he breathed softly as he snores.

It gave me a moment to realize how his hair has grown a little and his eyebrows look perfectly arched. His eyelashes were longer then mine and it honestly made me jealous. Noticing he had a muscle shirt on, his muscular arms looked amazing while his pecs poked through his shirt. 

"You're staring, Sky," he muttered, his eyes still closed.

"Oh, I-I'm sorry," I stuttered, laying back down.

"You okay?" He sat up, cracking his neck and fingers.

"Yes, I'm fine. D-do you mind telling me what happened?"

"What do you mean?" He questioned, cocking an eyebrow.

"I mean... how did I end up here? Last thing I remember is me and you at the pool...everything else is a blur," I slowly explained, trying to dig in the back of mind.

"You had one of your episodes again. It was worse this time, though. I felt every inch of pain you were going through and it was terrible. I didn't know what to do but eventually, you passed out."

I nodded, feeling the small pieces of the memory come back. I'm not surprised, though. Every once in a while, the pain I knew to well would come back, making me feel like hell. I don't know what'll make it stop but we need to figure it out soon.

"Why does this keep happening to you?" Lukas knocked me out of my thoughts, asking me the question I've been asking myself for years.

"I don't know...It's been happening almost all of my life. They just come and go randomly," I shrugged, swinging my legs off of the bed.

"You never tried to figure out why?" He egged on.

"Well n-no, but I didn't think it was necessary." My brain finally registered how close we were to each other. Every time his hand brushed mine, I let out a shuddered breath, feeling a sudden wave of heat run through my body. This being mate thing was going to be the end of me.

"Um, I-I think I'm gonna go and shower."

I scurried out of bed, making my feet move straight to the bathroom and shut the door. After finally letting out a breath I didn't know I  was holding, I turned the knobs and waited for the water to warm up. When it did, I stripped out of my clothing and stepped inside, letting the water run down my face and body.

Groaning, I grabbed my stomach at the slight tug that just occurred. When it stopped, I shook it off and washed myself then my hair before stepping out and wrapping the towel around myself.

I mentally cursed myself for realizing what I forgot.

My fucking clothes. 

Which means I have to walk out there... with just a towel covering my main parts which also means that it could fall in front of Lukas.

Fuck it.

I opened the door, feeling the cool breeze hit my bare legs and arms. Lukas was nowhere to be seen so I quickly went to the drawer and pulled out a shirt and shorts along with a red lace underwear set.

Skimpy but I'll still put it on.

The shirt stopped mid-thigh so I knew it had to have been Lukas or Daniella's shirt. Secondly, I was starving and my whole body ached. I shuffled my feet out of the room and downstairs to the living room where Daniella and Lukas were seated.