14

I woke up extra early just to make sure Lukas was okay. Thanks to his wolf, his wound had healed up fine and he slept well. His head was still in my lap and his arms were still wrapped around my waist. My fingers raked through his hair while he snores softly.

Daniella came in with a tray and two plates on top of it.

"Dani, you didn't have to do that," I told her, smiling at the small gesture.

"I know but it's the least I can do. You do a lot for us as well while living here so why not do this for you?" She said back, taking the plates off the tray. "How is he?"

"He healed up great. Now, he's just sleeping his life away," I chuckled, looking down at him.

"You two are perfect for each other," Dani gleamed, looking at me.

I gave her a small smile. "You think so?"

"Of course. Don't you?"

"I just don't want to hurt him," I whispered. "You know I wouldn't hurt him intentionally but... sometimes I can't control what I do?"

"We'll help you control it. When Lukas wakes up, we're going in the living room and going back through your memories, okay?" She asked me.

I nodded. "I'm fine with that."

"Can I ask you something?"

"Of course," I said.

"How'd you get them? I mean, your... abilities."

"I don't know. I think they were inherited since I've had them since I was a little girl," I admitted.

She nodded, taking in all of this information. Lukas stirred in his sleep before bringing up his hand and rubbing his eyes.

"Hey, sleeping beauty," I greeted him, smiling down at him.

"Hey, kitten," he spoke with his raspy voice before pecking my lips.

My smile widened at the nickname as I pecked his lips back.

"You slept okay?" I asked him.

"I slept perfectly. Did you get any sleep?"

"Yeah, but not as much. I stayed up to make sure you were okay until I eventually fell asleep," I confessed, making him frown.

"You lost sleep because of me?" He asked.

"It was my choice. I had to make sure you were okay." Lukas sighed before kissing me softly.

"Well, I am. Now, no more worrying no time soon, alright?" I nodded and unwrapped my arms, allowing him to sit up.

"Lukas, Skylar and I are going back into her memories today," Daniella spoke up, leaning against the door.

"What for? Did you forget what happened last time?" By Lukas' change in demeanor, I knew he was not okay with this idea.

I'll be honest, last time we did that, we didn't really find out anything besides seeing me get experimented on.

"I know what happened last time. But we have to do this, Lukas."

"No, we don't. If you want to know about her past then fucking ask her. I'm not letting you do this to her again," He snapped, glaring at her.

"Skylar, what do you think?" Daniella asked me, causing all attention to turn to me.

I looked at Lukas and he immediately shook his head. "No, no, and no. I'm not letting you do this, Skylar."

"Lukas, I barely know anything my past either. Just please let us do this and if y'all still have questions then I'll answer them. Just... please."