32

Lukas was locked in his office again and he's been in there all day. I managed to kill a little time by making chocolate chip cookies and brownies. Daniella begged for brownies while Rick begged for cookies, so I just made both. The mark on my wrist hasn't been glowing so who knows what's going on. I pulled the pans of cookies out of the oven while Dani pulled out the brownies and placed them on top of the stove for them to cool down. At the same time, we wiped our foreheads before washing our hands. 

Rick walked up to the stove and tried to steal a cookie but I smacked his hand before he could try. 

"Ow, what was that for?" He mumbled, rubbing his hand.

"Don't touch. They're still hot and I don't want your fat ass eating them all," I told him, narrowing my eyes at him.

"Alright, alright. Just don't smack me again, that hurt."

I shook my head, grinning then headed to Lukas' office, walking inside. His head was on top of the desk, resting on his forearm. A frown formed on my lips as I walked up to him, rubbing his back.

"You okay, baby?" I asked him.

Lukas then lifted his head, shaking it from side to side. I sighed and sat down on his lap and let him rest his head on my shoulder, closing his eyes. 

"What's wrong?"

"I'm stressed and exhausted as hell," he mumbled, running a hand through his hair.

"When's the last time you had a full nigh of sleep?"

"Last week," he admitted, biting his lip.

I looked at him, lifting his head and frowned when I noticed the bags under his eyes. It looks like he hasn't slept in weeks and it hurts seeing him so drained. 

"Why didn't you tell me? I didn't know you haven't been sleeping, baby."

"I didn't want you worried, Skylar. Besides, I'll get my sleep tonight."

"No, you're gonna get sleep right now. Let's go."

Hopping off of his lap, I pulled his arm and ignored his grunts of protests as I brought him to the room. Once we got in, he pulled off his shirt then got in bed, hugging the pillow I sleep with, instantly closing his eyes. I felt a small smile form as I kissed his cheek then his lips.

"I love you," I whispered before walking out of the room. 

Of course, I had to walk in on Daniella and Rick having a full on makeout session. I fought back a gag before I thought of an idea. Biting my lip, I lifted my hand towards Rick and watched him slowly start to levitate into the air with a shocked expression. Dani immediately looked towards me and she began to laugh before asking me to put him down. 

"But it's funny," I responded, laughing. 

"It really is," she said, her laughter continuing.

"You aren't the one up here so of course it's funny to you assholes," he grumbled. 

After making him spin around a few times, I finally put him back onto the floor and he glared at me.