30

Holy. Fucking. Shit.

"Well, isn't that just a mind blower?" I mumbled.

"Klause has been after Skylar for years. He knows Skylar is strong... even stronger than him. He wants her power for himself."

"Then... why didn't she kill him when he first arrived?"

"Because Skylar doesn't know her true potential yet. She doesn't know what she's capable of. She told me y'all taught her how to heal, correct?" Lilith asked me.

"Yes. Well, Daniella taught her, I just helped out. It was surprising how fast she caught on."

"I'm not surprised. She's stubborn but she does what she has to do," Lilith said, taking our cups then putting them in the sink.

"There was a mark on Skylar's wrist when we arrived here. She even drew it before. Does that mean anything?" I asked.

"Was it something with a phoenix?"

"Yes."

"That's her signature mark. We were in a pack but Klause killed them off one by one. After going into hiding, I managed to hide the mark and keep Skylar's power a secret. Obviously, the power inside of her is growing stronger."

"How strong can she get?"

"I don't know. I was never able to test out her limits or her capabilities," Lilith said. "There's another thing. But I need you to listen carefully."

"With that power comes darkness. A lot of it. Do not let it consume her, do not let her go overboard. If she's not careful... she could die."

I nodded, sighing.

"I think it's time for you to talk to your daughter about this now. She needs to know," I told her, glancing at Skylar. "Everything."

"Yeah, I know," Lilith sighed. "Thanks for the talk, Lukas."

"No problem," I told her, smiling before getting up and walking over to everyone.

"Hey, what were y'all talking about?" Skylar asked, pulling me next to her.

"Nothing much. Your mom needs to speak to you about something. She says it's important."

"Oh okay. I'll be right back."

I watched Skylar walk to her mother and lean back in her chair. With a sigh, I ran a hand through my hair.

"Alright, what's going on? You look stressed," Daniella spoke up.

"Lilith just told me some things about Skylar. It's some pretty big stuff."

"Well, what's going on?" Rick asked.

"Klause is Skylar's father. Lilith just told me a bunch of shit she's done to keep Skylar safe and out of harms way but obviously that didn't help," I sighed.

"Hold the phone. That's her father? Now I see why Skylar's so beautiful, look at her father," Daniella said before yelping when Rick gave a smack to her ass. "Ow!"

"Anyways, that's not all. Whenever you looked at Skylar's memories, there was only a little bit of images there wasn't her whole life you could see. Lilith had someone do something to her memories so it seems as if she had a childhood."

"What do you mean had?" Daniella asked.

"Skylar wasn't kidnapped for five years, she was there her whole life. Her mother made sure she didn't know that."

"That's fucked up. Is that what she's telling her now?"

I nodded, blowing out a breath. This whole thing shouldn't have happened. Her messing with her memories or lying about who her real dad is. Now Skylar is in the darkness about everything... until now.