Chapter 22:I'm Sorry....

I woke up at 8:35 but still a little tired from all the training last night. I sighed, getting out of bed and heading to the bathroom.

*After the shower*

After the shower, i changed into a plain green t-shirt, black skinny jeans, and black and white converse.

I dried my hair and simply placed it in a single braid. I headed downstairs and went to the dining room. As usual my parents and sister were there eating breakfast, along with the dogs. I guess zenn let them out while i was sleeping.

Dad:Good morning sweetheart. Why don't you come and join us?

He said and started coughing again.. I nodded slowly and went to my seat next to zenn. I ate my food silently while they were chatting.

Mom:So alex, when will the results come out?

I looked at dad as he put his fork down. He looked at all of us and started to talk.

Dad:The results came out yesterday...

Mom:So? Is it curable?

Dad went silent. He had a sad expression on his face and i knew that his illness, wasn't curable.

Zenn:What's wrong dad?

He sighed, trying to prevent the tears from coming out.

Dad:I-it's not curable..

He said and looked down. I got up and hugged him from the side. Zenn then got up and did the same thing.

I looked at mom and she was in shock...

Mom:No.. There HAS to be a way to cure you!

Dad shook his head...

Dad:There isn't any cure laura. William told me it wasn't curable....

Mom put her hands on her head and started to cry...

Mom:No.. God, please no...

She said between tears. Zenn went up to her and hugged her. We all stayed that way for about 15 minutes. Me and zenn then went back to our seats and continued to eat.

Zenn:So.. What are we gonna do now?

Dad looked at her and said..

Dad:I don't know sweetie...

It was silent while we continued to eat breakfast.

Mom then got up and left, without finishing her food. Dad sighed and placed his hands on his head while me and zenn just looked up at eachother with sorrowful eyes.

After eating breakfast, i returned to my room and laid down on my bed letting my imagination run wild.

Just then a knock on the door.

Jenn:Come in...

The door opened and it was zenn..

Jenn:What do you want zenn?

Zenn:I wanted to apologize...

I raised an eyebrow...

Jenn:Apologize for what?

Zenn sighed before speaking..

Zenn:For treating you badly. I know that what i did is wrong. Like how i pretended not seeing mom scold you or how i ignored you when those boys insulted you or how i didn't help you when you were getting beaten up by britney and her friends. I--- i'm so sorry.. I'm sorry......

She said looking down.. I stood up from my bed and walked to her. I hugged her as tight as i could.

She stiffened at first but hugged back immediately. We both cried but it turned into laughter.