Chapter 26: Everything Is Going Downhill

Jenn:NO!!!!

I screamed as i jolted up in bed. My heart was beating faster than it should have been. I looked at my clock, it was 11:08pm. Damn, how long was i asleep?

I sighed and got out of bed. I went out of my room, downstairs and straight to the kitchen to get some water.

Thud!

Jenn:Who's there?

I quickly turned around to see no one in sight.

Jenn:I know your there! Come out!

I shouted but no one responded. I started to freak out. I quickly drank my water and went back upstairs to my room. I locked the door behind me and laid down in bed.

'What does he mean "my destiny"?', i thought to myself as i stared at the ceiling, slowly falling asleep as i continue to stare at it.

I woke up to the sun shining at my face. I covered my face as i sat upright in bed. I checked the time. 10:41am. I got up and made my bed then headed straight to the bathroom to take a shower.

I sat on the floor as the water hit my head, down to my body and into the drain. I sighed deeply as i continue to stare at the floor. After a few minutes, i got up and turned off the shower. I wrapped myself in a towel and went back to my room.

I grabbed my hairdryer and started to dry my hair. After it dried i went to my closet and picked a plain white t-shirt, high-waist shorts and white sneakers.

After changing, i brushed my hair and unlocked the door to go downstairs where the dogs were waiting.

I saw zenn eating her breakfast but mom wasn't there. I could see that the dogs were already eating so i sat down next to her and ate my breakfast.

It was quiet as we ate. I still can't believe dad died. I thought it was a dream. I sighed as i finished my breakfast and quickly got up. I looked at zenn. She barely ate her food and it looked like she hasn't slept well.

Jenn:You ok sis?

Zenn didn't reply and just ate her food slowly. I sighed and went back to my room. I grabbed my phone, my dogs' leashes and went back downstairs.

Jenn:I'm gonna walk the dogs for a bit...

I said as i clipped it on their collar. I looked at zenn but she didn't reply. She hurridly ate her food and went upstairs. I sighed again and just headed out the front door with the dogs.

I decided to go for a walk in the woods since it was much more peaceful than the park. I entered the woods with the dogs, the leashes on one hand and my phone on the other.

I walked for a while until i reached a clearing. It was the same place i encountered maybe a few days ago. I quickly placed my phone in my pocket, as i sat down on the grass; siren on my right while star was on my left. I sat there as i listened to the sound of the river running and birds chirping.

The dogs were sleeping on each side of me clearly undisturbed by the loud roar of the river. I closed my eyes as the wind blew into my face. I took a deep breath as i opened my eyes back up. I layed down on the grass my left hand supporting my head while my other hand was resting on my stomach.