Chapter 2: Compatability

Start from the beginning

"Fufufu, why don't you take a guess? Surely my husband knows me better than anyone?", Emilya had to double take on what the fox girl had said. She never knew a relationship could have advanced that fast.

"Last time I check, I'm still single. Of course, I'm planning to change that status-mff!", a pair of soft melons were pushed against her face, an unexpected interruption, but a welcoming one in Emilya's opinion.

"No need to plan, the future is now young lady! We are now married, no question asks. It is our destiny, I can feel it in my fluffy tail", to Emilya's regret, she had to gently remove herself from her Servant's hold in order not to die from the lack of oxygen.

"I guess we are just going to completely ignore the problem of the same gender in our relationship. I would like to ask why I'm getting the short end of the stick and becoming a husband but, to be honest, I'm kind of glad. Acting girly isn't my style, heck, I even lost the culinary skills that I was so proud of because of how busy my work was", the fox girl only seems to glow brightly as she puffs out her chest with a prideful smile.

"Leave the cooking to me, I have mastered the art of becoming a better wife due to my countless training and of course, experiences from my past life as a wife. If my past life had any say in it, is that I was still lacking to become the perfect wife, but fear not, I am proud to say that even in death, I have finally achieved the title of a perfect wife due to all of my hard works!", energetic and bubbly, her Servant is brimming with confidence and her beauty shines as bright as her merry personality. One couldn't ask for a better Servant to form a contract with, a Servant who interacts well is a Servant who is understanding and can cooperate with their master. Of course, to Emilya, Saber will always have a special spot in her heart but even then, it doesn't mean that she will have to change her favorite, all it takes is to just add this new Servant to her special place in her heart once both of them gets to know each other well enough.

"Leaving marriage aside, I believe I might know who you are, either Da Ji from Chinese mythology or Tamamo no Mae, originated from Daji herself even if she was from Japanese mythology", there's a chance that she might be wrong and it turns out to be another kind of fox spirit either from the same mythology, or different mythology but those two answers were her most confident one. Though she does have her doubt being that her Servant only had one tail instead of the infamous nine tails. But if Saber had taught her anything, history isn't always accurate, even the myth can be slightly altered from the truth.

"Ping Pong! Both are technically correct! As I expected from you, my husband. But in this form, I go by the name of Tamamo no Mae, not Daji. Ah! I might be an anti-hero Servant but please don't think too ill of me, all I want is to make you a happy husband and become a happy couple, I promise that all things I do are all for you master~", her claims are genuine, even if she's an anti-hero Servant, she wants nothing other than being a good wife. This put a smile on Emilya's face.

"You're not the first anti-hero that I have met as well as befriended and worked together with. Don't worry, I know that not all anti-heroes have bad intentions. Some only become one due to some bad circumstances and life didn't favor them. But I guess, the majority of the fault lies toward humankind shifting blame and being a bitch", Emilya hardly swears, but if she thinks it is right to swear at a certain part because it deserves it, she won't hesitate to put it out some bad words here and there.

"Sounds like you had it rough with the human, though I'm not the one to say this I suppose, being the one who was accused of placing a curse on my beloved husband by that stupid onmyoji", Emilya closes her eyes and smiles. 'Accusation, huh', she thought, in legend Tamamo was said to have cursed Emperor Toba in order to usurp his throne. This further proves that not everything you hear is correct, in the end, it's just someone's opinion that had been passed down and became well known to the point where everyone starts to believe in it.

"Can't say that I have been accused of something. But I'm not really that far off from you when it comes to a certain part of your legend. You see, I'm an enigma to the Mages Association, the clock tower is very wary of my existence and has been considering me as a threat to humanity, which was laughable. I can't count how many times they have attempted to put me under 'sealing designation'...luckily, I was able to get away thanks to the staff of Chaldeas, the previous and current director, as well as Romani Archaman backing me up. Without them, it is not far for me to say that I won't be here talking to you. I'm confident in my battle capability but even I alone can't take down the clock tower, don't even start with the association itself", though Tamamo doesn't understand why being an enigma and indifferent to others make her a threat to humanity nor what 'sealing designation' signifies, she can understand one thing, Emilya shouldn't fall into their hands no matter what.

"Anyhow, with that being said, let us find the others. If I'm here, then those two may be here as well", she tries to use reinforcement to achieve clairvoyance with her eyes but even if she could see further, the sea of a raging fire and intoxicating plumes of smoke hindered her eyesight.

"Hmm, I sense two live signatures to the east from here. A bit further away from here but we will be able to make it within a few minutes with my speed. My parameter in strength and endurance may be low but don't underestimate my nimble speed, I move as fast as the wind can go!", with that being said, Tamamo didn't hesitate to pick Emilya up in a bridal carry as she faced toward the east. Emilya on the other hand didn't seem to mind her situation.

"...So who's the husband again?", Emilya smirks in a playful manner while poking Tamamo's cheek lightly.

"Surely you jest, of course, it's you. I didn't train myself to be a wife just to become a husband", Tamamo responded cheerfully, didn't mind her Master's unique way of showing her affection.

"If you say so honey, now let us get going, the earlier we finish this, the closer we will get to our honeymoon~", Emilya plays along with her role as a husband, in truth, she truly doesn't mind at all. As long as both parties are comfortable with calling each other husband and wife and have fun with it, it's all good in her book. Plus, she doubts she will ever get into a healthy proper relationship with her situation even without all this chaos happening around them. Might as well enjoy the sensation of being a couple while it still lasts.

"Hang on tight dear because this is going to be a bumpy ride!", with that said, she disappears, leaving a cloud of dust behind. Emilya may wonder why she got Tamamo out of everyone she could have summoned. She only has one answer to that.

"I guess our compatibility is that much closer and almost in sync with each other"

"Did you say something? I was distracted avoiding these random undead skeletons wandering the street"

"Nothing, keep your eyes on the road. I will give you a head pat once we arrive"

"Understood!"

Truly, very compatible.