Chapter 45

Jaylee's POV

It felt like an hour had gone by for all of us to take a short nap before everyone began waking up again. We all were sitting in the living room together in silence, waiting for my leg to feel better enough in order to last the next few hours of the battle.

Causal talk was in the air but most of us stayed quiet in order to hear what was going on outside.

"How's your rib feeling Zayn?" Harry asked as Zayn shifted in his seat, glancing over at me sadly once he realized I was no longer with him.

"It's better. I can handle what will come." Zayn said shortly as he massaged his side.

"Your leg feeling any better Jay?" Zayn questioned as he stared down at my ankle before looking into my eyes.

"Yeah it's slightly better. But I think I might need some more rest if I'm going to be fighting pretty soon." I said before Louis chuckled behind me.

"What?" I asked, looking at him concerned.

"It's just funny hearing you say you're going to fight. It's like you really are one of us now." He grinned as I blushed.

"Well... I hope I don't have to fight anyone, but if it comes to it." I said before I looked over at Niall who was already staring at me.

"You'll be fine Jaylee. We'll protect you. Just let us do the fighting." Niall assured as I smiled.

"Yeah we got your back. You're part of us now. No one's ever gonna steal you from us." Harry commented as I blinked over at him.

"I think after we win this thing maybe you'll upgrade to your own bedroom." Liam smirked as he rubbed his hands together to keep them warm.

"Oh yeah! We can get you a room to our house!" Niall said happily as I faked my smile.

"If Zayn is okay with it... he'll probably miss you being so far away." Harry teased before Zayn threw a pillow at him.

"Really Harry?" Zayn hissed before the others chuckled.

"Yeah I think Jaylee deserves her own room. She's been a huge help to the team. And she is a part of us now." Louis smirked as he placed his hand on my back.

I then glanced over at Zayn, wondering if he was still certain on his promise of letting me go after all of this was done. When he looked back at me with sad eyes I couldn't figure out if he was upset with letting me go or that he lied to me and felt guilty about it. I just hope he was going to release me like he said, even despite what the others think or want.

I felt bad knowing how much they liked me and wanted me to stay with them. They wanted me to be a part of their gang. But I didn't. I didn't belong here, not even after this tournament. I still belonged back at home. And that's where I needed to be. I just hope they'll understand that and accept me leaving.

As soon as Zayn and I broke eye contact, the whole side of the house suddenly blew into bits, causing Louis and I to fly off the chair in sync. The explosion came out of no where, sending us all in pure shock as we scattered across the room from the pressure.

I was in too much of a shock to even scream as my ears began to hear a familiar piercing ring. Louis and I both landed on the hardwood floor, making me groan in pain as my ribs felt crushed and bruised. Despite me being in pain almost everywhere, I somehow managed to be the first one who looked up to see what had happened.

I coughed as I blinked my eyes multiple times, trying to see past the heavy smoke that filled in the entire house. I waved my hand around as I slowly propped myself up as gently as I could, feeling my muscles ache while my arms trembled.