Chapter 51

Jaylee's POV

The next day:

I let out a deep sigh as I limped down the hallway and slowly approached the kitchen, glancing briefly at the guys who scattered around the table.
"Good morning boys." I said casually as they all looked up at me in sync.

"Good morning Jaylee." They all replied as I smiled and made my way towards the fridge.

"Are you hungry? Or thirsty? I can make you something." Zayn said as he quickly got up and followed me.

"Oh I'm just really dehydrated." I answered as I looked over my shoulder to see him towering over me.

"Yeah... you get that at times." He smiled as I felt his body heat approach mine.

"How's your arm?" I asked as I glanced up at his left bicep while he grabbed out two water bottles.

"It's fine. Nothing I'm not use to. How's your thigh?" He replied before he handed me one of the bottles.

"That's good... it's alright. I can handle it. Just kinda sucks to walk on." I shrugged, trying to not make it a big deal.

"Look at you becoming all tough. I'm proud of you." He chuckled before he ran his hand through my hair, messing it up.

"Zayn, I spent all morning brushing the tangles out." I groaned as I fixed my hair.

He laughed before he shook his head and smiled down at me.

"You look beautiful as always. Don't sweat it." He commented as I blushed.

"Wanna come sit with us?" He asked before I bit my lip and nodded my head.

"Yeah." I responded before he wrapped his arm around my waist.

He then guided me towards the table before I sat down with the rest of them. "Hey Jaylee. How's your leg doing?" Louis asked as I peered down at my exposed thigh, seeing the stitches that Liam sowed into my skin last night.

"It's fine. It's healing." I replied before I looked up at him.

"That's my girl. You know how to take a wound." Louis grinned pridefully as I blushed.

"Did you sleep well?" Niall asked as he glanced over at me.

"Yeah. Probably the best sleep of my life actually." I admitted, still feeling guilty of all the lives that were lost from the battle.

"There's plenty more where that came from. No one's going to be messing with us." Louis said as Zayn sat next to me.

"How are you all feeling?" I questioned as I glanced at all of them.

"I'm exhausted, I wish I could sleep more but I'm anxious about what's to come." Harry responded first.

"Meaning?" I raised an eyebrow.

"We're getting mail soon about our new position and whatnot. You know, gang stuff." Louis said before he grinned.

It was funny how at first I was terrified of these guys, and now I'm sitting here with them as if they were family. I was no longer intimidated by them, I was more comforted by them. I was use to their presence and didn't mind being around them. Who would of thought that this would of happened to my life? Being kidnapped, being trained profusely, being threatened and abused, thrown into a violent battle, then coming home victoriously and acting causal with my captors.