Chapter 20

Jaylee's POV

I slowly took my wrist out of Niall's hand before I brushed my fingertips against it, making it sting even more. "Niall it hurts." I whispered as I looked over at him with pleading eyes, even though there's nothing he can do about it. The rope that was tied around it yesterday made it a lot worse, it opened up the cut even more.

"I hope that teaches you a lesson to not run away from us." Louis spoke darkly in my ear. I flinched as soon as his large hand wrapped around my shoulder before giving it a squeeze and letting go. I watched him walk away before I glanced up at Niall with glossy eyes.

"I'll go get something to heal it." Niall said as he gave me a warm smile before getting up. I nodded my head in response as I looked at the table before staring at the arrow on my wrist. It looked so hideous. And now it's going to be there, forever. Even when it heals. This is what I get when I try to go back home? It's just so messed up.

I was about to cry due to the intense pain but I heard a huff come from above me and I flinched as I looked up to see Zayn sit next to me with a bowl of fruit in his hand. I quickly looked away as soon as his brown eyes glared into my green ones. He started to eat his fruit as my heart beat quickened. "You know, Louis is still pretty mad at you." Zayn mumbled as my breath hitched in my throat.

"Yeah, I know." I whispered. "But that doesn't mean we all are." He said as I looked over at him. "You're... You're not, mad? At me?" I asked slowly as I raised an eyebrow. "Not really. I mean, sure I was at first, but I mean, I can't stay mad at you." He chuckled as he looked at me before back at his fruit.

"Oh." I whispered as I felt myself trying to smile. "Well thank you Zayn. I just, I just hope you understand why I try to leave. This life that you have, isn't for me." I said quietly so that I can't get any scoffs from the other guys. "I understand. No one in this house will understand you like I can. Trust me on that." Zayn said as his hand wrapped around mine before giving it a light squeeze.

My spine had shivers going down it at his words. Does he know me well or something? If so, that's scary. "Want some fruit?" Zayn asked as he pushed the bowl towards me. "No, it's yours." I said as I shook my free hand which hurt. "No really, have some. Louis was planning on starving you till you're done with your lesson so I suggest you eat something." Zayn informed as I nodded my head.

"Thanks." I whispered as I grabbed a slice of pineapple. I started to feel uncomfortable as I felt Zayn's eyes on me. I slowly pulled my hand away from his before setting it on my lap. "This is so good." I mumbled as I kept eating his fruit. "I'm glad you like it." He chuckled as he leaned closer. I looked up at him before licking my lips and rubbing my hands on my thighs.

"Zayn, I just um, want to thank you for not being rude to me and um, not yelling or hurting me for what I did. I'm glad you got over it quickly." I said as I looked down. He rested his finger under my chin before he lifted my head up. "It's only cuz I understand you. And plus, I don't want to spend all my life hurting you. I just want to treat you the way I imagined it." Zayn said as I felt a strange feeling in my stomach.

I gave him a small smile before I nodded my head and moved it away. "Thanks." I whispered. "No problem." Zayn smiled before he leaned away and got up and left. I started to eat the rest of the fruit before I saw Niall come back with an ice pack. "It took you that long?" I chuckled as I looked at his hand. "I enjoyed watching you and Zayn talk." He smirked as he gave me a look.

I rolled my eyes before chuckling. "I have no feelings for him Niall." I said as he sat down. "But he has major ones for you." He laughed before he grabbed my wrist. "He really likes you you know. He sometimes comes to my room and asks how I do it. He's always jealous of how good I am around you and how you enjoy talking to me. He asks me how he can try to make you talk to him without feeling scared. And I just told him to be himself. It's easy really. He just doesn't know how to act around the ones he loves." He shrugged as he put a weird ointment on my scar.