Chapter 27

Jaylee's POV

I was confused. Why did I want to be with Zayn? Shouldn't I be scared to death of him? Shouldn't his tall height and tattoos intimidate me? Well I mean, they do, but do they intimidate me enough? Why did I finally like him around me now? Why did I allow him to touch me the way he did? Shouldn't I fear it? Shouldn't I be swatting it away and trembling back?

Why am I allowing him to talk to me and get inside of my brain? Why am I allowing him to tell me sweet things about myself? Shouldn't I block him out of my head? And why don't I force the thoughts of him out of my mind? Why do I let them stay there till it creates a small attachment? Why can't I just push him away? Is it because I don't want to?

Why do I enjoy listening to him talk? Or watching him smile? Or hearing his laugh? Or liking his touch? Shouldn't I ignore that all? It's stressing me out because I feel like I want him around me. Like I chose him as my safe haven in this house. But why? Why so soon? What if I get attached? If I run away will I miss him?

Ugh of course not Jaylee! These are just stupid lustful thoughts and feelings. You don't actually like these people. They're horrible! Why are you even thinking these things! Knock it off! You're only being nice to Zayn so that he won't ever hurt you. You can't fall for him. And you won't. You don't have time for that. You need to leave this place. Zayn will change you for the bad. You can't let him do that.

I was just mad with myself. I was in a complete war between wanting Zayn and disliking him. I have every reason to not like him. But I was taught to look for the good in others all my life. But ugh! This isn't fair! Why out of all people I'm stuck with a gang? People who are almost impossible to like. Only because they're so cruel and horrible. And they treat people badly. I don't want to find the good in them anymore because I want to get out of here! I want to leave, I need to leave.

But when? When am I ever going to get out of here? The battle is coming up in only a certain amount of days. If I don't leave soon, I might not ever get the chance to escape.

**

**

**

I woke up earlier than Zayn and I forced myself not to look at him as I crawled out of bed. I'm just leaving to get something to eat, not to gawk at him and drool. I quietly slipped out of bed before I fixed my shirt and walked out of the room. I waltzed down the hall shortly before entering the kitchen.

I quickly looked up to see Liam and Harry watching me before I raised an eyebrow. Smirks were on their faces as I swiftly opened the fridge. "What's up with the grins?" I asked as I saw Niall smirking too while he was sitting on the bar stool with a bowl of food near his arms. I then rolled my eyes and shook my head before bending down to see what was in the fridge.

I pulled out everything I needed for a sandwich before dumping it all on the counter and glaring up at the guys again. "What?" I asked as I opened the turkey. Niall then smiled wider before chuckling. I started to grow impatient as I looked over at Harry and Liam for help. "What's so funny?" I frowned. "Did you and Zayn have sex?" Harry asked as he raised his chin up and widened his smile.

I gasped and widened my eyes as I almost choked on my own saliva. "What? Oh my gosh no! Why would you even think of that?" I asked as they all roared with laughter. I then rolled my eyes, remembering that they were all drunk as I fixed myself a sandwich. "You boys are gross. I would never sleep with him. Let alone anyone till I'm married." I said seriously as I put it on a plate and walked over towards Niall, sitting down on an empty bar stool.

"Ugh you're no fun Jaylee. Let loose. You don't need to get married first." Liam slurred as he flicked his hand. "Um, no, and yes I do. It's my decision." I said as I looked at my food. "Don't deny the fact that you and Zayn slept together. You dig that hot brown eyed boy." Harry mumbled before they all laughed again. I rolled my eyes before I sighed. "We didn't sleep together my gosh. Now will you stop saying that?" I said in annoyance as I looked over at them with narrowed eyebrows.