Chapter 14

Jaylee's POV

I suddenly woke up earlier than expected as I got up and swung my legs over the bed before I started to rub my eyes and slouch my shoulders. I was tired but I couldn't go back to sleep. It was weird. Maybe my mind was so focused on wanting to run away that it's forcing me to do it today. I got out of bed and walked over to Niall's closet and pulled out my baby blue sweatshirt along with black skinny jeans that had rips at the knees. I felt grateful that Zayn was kind enough to go out of his way to buy me clothes. Although I wasn't a fan of ripped jeans I didn't mind at least wearing clothes that could cover my whole body. Being around 5 gang members that you don't know can really make you uncomfortable and want to hide.

I took off my dirty clothes before I slipped on my new outfit and put on a pair of shoes. I brushed my long dark hair until it was neat and fixed the bed before walking towards the door. It was funny because I always found myself cleaning up Niall's room since I always had everything clean. I quietly opened the door and slowly pulled it as I looked down the hall. I blinked a couple times and smiled once I saw no one.

I tip toed down the hall and into the kitchen before entering the living room. I walked up to the fridge to grab out a water bottle and instantly drank the whole thing. I was really thirsty. I gently threw the bottle away before I walked towards the front door and grabbed the handle to twist it. I frowned once it didn't turn all the way as I realized it was locked. Dangit. I groaned before I walked towards the window right next to it and inspected it before I smiled to myself. There's no bars. I can just crawl out.

I turned around to see if anyone was around as my heart pounded roughly, but I sighed in relief once I yet again saw no one. Today is my lucky day! I'm getting out of here. Wait, I need money and a phone. How am I gonna get out of here without those 2 things? But I couldn't bring myself to steal, I knew it was wrong.

I shrugged, forgetting about the money and phone before I unlocked the window and slid it open. I smiled as the cold breeze greeted my skin before I closed my eyes at how good it felt. It's always so cold here though. I feel like I'm in London. Their accents kinda give me a hint that we are here.

Right when I put my hand on the screen protector, I heard a deep voice come from behind me.  "Trying to escape again?" My heart raced as I jumped before turning around with wide eyes. "You know, running away will get you no where but in trouble. You will get punished and deal with some serious consequences. So unless you want that, then go ahead and escape. But it will bring you no good darling." Liam said as he walked past me and closed the window.

I frowned as I watched him pull out a lock from his pocket before he clamped it around the window so I couldn't open it unless I had a key. Liam looked at me with a serious glare as my frown deepened. "You know, I should punish you for trying to escape." Liam said as he crossed his buff arms. My eyes widened as I took a step back with a gasp.

"But I won't since you didn't get away with it. Believe it or not you're lucky I caught you at the moment. If I saw you outside you would of gotten a bruise right here." Liam said as he pinched my cheek roughly, causing me to wince and step back. "Sorry." I whispered as I looked down. "Nice try sweetheart. Don't do it again. Next time I see you trying to escape this early, I won't hesitate to slap you or punish you." Liam said darkly as he bent down to be eye leveled with me.

I gulped dryly before I nodded my head. "What time is it?" I asked as I looked over at the couch to see Niall passed out on it. I didn't even know he was there. "Like 7:30." Liam shrugged before he grabbed my arm. I looked up at him as he smirked before he pulled me along with him. "And you're gonna sleep with me in my room since you're misbehaving. I don't want to risk you trying to leave again. I'll make sure to lock all the windows next time." Liam said as he looked straight forward while dragging me.