Yet Reece and I still continue to have a stare down and I can't stop the blush from spreading across my cheeks because of it.

"Zada, what is your opinion on the matter?" Charlie politely asks, interrupting my moment with Reece. Not having any other choice, I look away from my favourite brown eyes to see Bailey and Charlie staring at me intently.

"What?" I ask, having no idea what Charlie asked me because of a certain somebody who distracted me with a certain pair of lovely eyes.

Am I seriously obsessing over Reece's eyes? Like how many times have I thought the word 'eyes' this past twenty seconds?

"Tell me you agree with me that biology is only useful if you want to have a shot at med school." Bailey pleads, desperately wanting to win the argument.

"Um," automatically, I look back in the direction of our classroom to see that Reece is no longer standing near the door. He must have gone into the class already. "There are numerous other careers you can have with biology." I say, sounding bummed because I can't look into Reece's brown eyes.

"Thank you," Charlie says, glad that I see his point of view.

But Bailey doesn't give up that easily. "Like what?"

Bailey comes to a stop, causing Charlie and I to follow suit so now we're all standing outside bio class. "I don't know Bay," I honestly say, "just check some random university's website and look at their PhD degrees or something like that." Not wanting to be apart of this conversation any longer, I leave the two and walk inside the classroom, to the back of the class, and sit beside the most popular boy in the school.

"You're early today," he announces, more so to himself than me.

I proceed with unpacking my notebook and pencil case from my backpack. It's true that today is definitely the first time since the first day of back to school this year, that I have showed up for class on time. These past two weeks I would always show up and leave right when the bell rang to decrease the probability that Reece would talk to me by a landslide. I just couldn't risk that chance.

Now, that I have stopped pushing Bailey away from me, I got so distracted at having her back in my life that I forgot about my strategy at limiting contact with Reece.

Speaking of Bailey, she and Charlie just entered the classroom, huddling close to each other as they walk to their shared desk while whispering to each other. Obviously their still having their debate. I see Chasity, whose desk with Cameron is right behind Baliey and Charlie's, lean forward into her desk so she can catch glimpses of what her girlfriend is saying.

"So those two are finally together," Reece states quietly so that only I can hear and not the two eager gossipers in front of us.

I just write today's date on the top my new, clean page.

I hear Reece sigh, "you're gonna have to talk to me eventually."

My hand freezes over my notebook but I recover the next second and continue writing in the date.

I can ignore him.

"You know we seriously need to talk, to discuss us."

Maybe not.

For the first time in two weeks, I look to my right, at Reece, not bothering to hide the hurt on my face. "Of course you're eager to talk so you can reject me and put  all this unwanted trouble behind you." I shouldn't have said that. It was wrong of me to say such words in attempt at trying to shove some guilt into the guy in hopes of postponing our talk. Or maybe I was just lashing out because I know my ugly words are true.