~ 6 ~

"You mind giving the phone to Reece so I can give him a piece of my mind?!"

I had to move my iPhone away from my ear because Bailey's ear piercing yelling would have caused my poor ear to bleed. Stupid social networking. Chasity posted her new relationship status and now the whole school knows of Reece and Chasity. Once I know Bailey has somewhat calmed down, I place the phone back against my ears and bend my head towards it so I can balance the phone on my shoulder. "You don't need to do that," I kindly tell her.

"Oh yes I do. That boy has the nerve to not only break your heart but bring his new girlfriend to your guys' holiday home! He is not going to get away so easily!" Bailey assures me, making me gulp in nervousness.

I place my hands back behind me on the wood of the community's playground as I sit on the edge of it, letting my legs dangle in the air. "You need to calm down Bay." I attempt to hush her, looking behind me just in case anyone is overhearing our conversation. Specifically if Reece is listening in on this.

That would be bad.

Before I came out here, I made sure that no one would notice. Reece was with the rest of the Super Trio, watching some new action movie. It's their way of resting and regaining their strength. I would have loved to watch with them but I didn't want the view of Reece and Chasity snuggling together and giggling at each other lovingly.

I know I wouldn't enjoy the movie. So instead, I sneaked out of the house, walked for about thirty minutes, and came here where I'm currently wanting to get some advice from my amazing friend. She's so amazing that she wants my ears to bleed.

What a great pal.

"I will not calm down, Zada." She sighs, "you still need to go with the plan."

"No, I think confessing my feelings is out of the question now." I tell her, swallowing hard to contain my tears. It's only been two days since I found out about Reece and Chasity. Those two days have been the worst. I have been avoiding Reece like the black plague. If he would come down for breakfast, I would tell everyone I'm finished and leave. If he would come to the entertainment room, I would come up with a weak excuse to leave but whenever Chasity was with him, I would just give them their privacy and leave without saying a word.

I can't believe I'm saying this but I can't wait for the holidays to be done.

"No way! You still have a chance, Zada. You'll regret it later if you don’t do anything now." Bailey warns me.

"I regret having feelings for him!" I tell her harshly, making sure my voice doesn't get any more louder than it already is.

Silence greets me on the other side of the phone until Bailey quietly says, "you don't mean that."

I stare off at the swing set, picturing the past when Reece and I would always come here as kids. Back then, it was just the two of us against the world. We could tell each other anything, be there for each other constantly. Back then, I didn't have to see him with other girls that are prettier than me. Back then, I honestly thought it would just be the two of us.

A single tear falls down my cheek. "I don't know what to do anymore, Bay." I cry out silently, wiping away that tear before any more can cascade down.

"Zada," Bailey says with understanding laced in her tone, "maybe you should tell him on Christmas day instead of his birthday."

"But that's six days away and afterwards, it would make his birthday and New Years extremely awkward." I point out, already dreading the awkwardness when I'd be giving Reece his Christmas gift after he'd reject me.

"You'll regret it if you don't," Bailey answers me.

I run my hand through my hair as an attempt to calm down my frustration, "what am I going to do for those six days? Operation avoid, hide, and run away?!"