~ 8 ~

"Could you be a doll and pass me the marshmallows?"

It takes a while before the sound of smooching that has been invading my ears, making me super uncomfortable, finally stops. "Can you see I'm busy, Cameron."

Cameron pouts at Chasity. "But you can never be busy for your great friend, right?"

Chasity groans but moves away from Reece's arms to pass Cameron the marshmallows who eagerly snatches them and begins putting a few on his stick.

Chasity shivers slightly as she glances around. "Who's dumb idea was this," she asks while pulling the blanket she's sharing with Reece up to her neck. Reece just rolls his eyes, unaffected by the cold, and wraps his arm around his freezing girlfriend.

I wish he could wrap his arm around me but nope, I only have my Lion King blanket to snuggle into on my one person lawn chair. Reece and Chasity occupy the only lawn couch on the other side of the bonfire.

"Cameron was the one who wanted to make s'mores" Reece states and we all turn to glare at the big guy who is fully concentrated on not burning his marshmallows.

It takes some time before Cameron notices our stares and looks up in surprise, "I remember all you guys being up for it."

"Yah, but we all thought we'd be making them inside," Chasity grumbles and leans into Reece for more warmth. I ignore the two love birds by putting all my attention on my marshmallow that I'm holding over the fire with a stick. Thankfully I'm wearing my mitts otherwise I'm sure I'm fingers would be blue by now.

From the larger couch, built to hold four people, my parents and Reece's dad and step mom chuckles at all the bickering happening around them. Surprisingly, they were fine with the idea of roasting marshmallows over our bonfire. It is built in the middle of a deck beside the pond therefore we get a beautiful view of the moon light reflecting off the ice. If anyone witnessed this site, they would definitely think of us as crazy because its not everyday you see people making s'mores outside during the freezing winter time.

"Chasity, it wouldn't be as exciting if we were inside." Mr. Castellano grins and then takes a bite out of his newly made s'mores. His second wife, Elena, cringes at the messy sight being the clean freak that she is. A trait she shares with my mom. It's how the two of them have become close friends. 

"You call being out here in the cold exciting?" Chasity frowns but her sour mood disappears instantly when Reece offers her his s'mores which she takes without complain. From the corner of my eye, I see Mr. Castellano roll his eyes. 

"I think this was a great idea Cameron," my dad beams while my mom smiles up at him adoringly. "We're all always so busy with life that we never get a change to get together and just relax." 

I had to agree with my dad on that one. Him and Mr. Castellano are always consumed with their ongoing work for the government. My mom, being a dietitian, always needs to give her time to her patients while Elena, being a famous fashion designer, is constantly travelling the world to show her work or is hibernating in her office, designing new dresses. Cameron, Chasity, and Reece are obviously busy with the heroic work and I'm, well, I'm just surviving through my last high school year.

All in all, it is extremely rare to have the eight of us spending time together. The last time this happened had to be last Christmas. We did try to have a few get-togethers this last past year but either one of the parents were caught up with work or the world needed the Super Trio. 

"Thank you Mr. Porter. It's good to know that someone here appreciates my successful attempt at bringing the gang together." Cameron directs that towards Chasity but she just proceeds to giving him the cold shoulder.