~ 17 ~

Ding

Among the countless of options, that is my favourite elevator ring. The sound is simple, quick, and even sweet. It's way better than many of the obnoxiously loud and long rings that signify posh and wealth.

I have taken the elevator of my apartment many times, too much to count, but I have never paid any attention to the type of ring the elevator sounds out when the selected floor is reached.

Now, relief washes over me from an anticipating shiver at the beautiful sound while my focus is on the doors to my elevator as they open, freeing me from my captivity. I stumble out of the elevator, nearly falling down on my knees to kiss the bacteria invested carpet of the hallway of the fortieth. I was sure that the thick, and not to mention, awkward tension I was exposed to in the elevator would be the end of me.

I can't believe I'm thinking this but, I'm a survivor!

I just survived four agonizing, hair wrenching, gut churning minutes in an elevator with Double M who is also the man I'm in love with. There were others in the elevator with us but eventually, they reached their floors until it was just Reece, me, and our good old friend, awkwardo.

I'm not a fan of awkwardo.

I hear the elevator doors closing behind me. I peek over my shoulder, hoping to see Reece forgetting to get off and is not on his way back down to the main floor. That hope is cut short when I see the closest definition of my perfection leaning against the closed doors, waiting for me to make my move.

Jeez, Reece sure is determined.

Swallowing a big gulp, I begin to walk in the direction of my front door. I'm in too much thought to pay any attention to my steps. My feet are rubbing against the carpet while I make slow progress to the door. If I wanted to, I could have turned around, and poked Reece. All the friction my feet build up from the carpet would be enough power to gently shock him. Maybe Reece wouldn't see my childish action coming, giving me enough time to run and lock myself in my apartment.

Then again, if Reece really is as determined as I think he is, he'll just bust down my door.

My dad wouldn't be too fond of that outcome.

I reach into the pocket of my jacket and pull out the keys. With shaking hands, I take hold of the door handle with one hand and struggle to insert the keys into the lock with the other.

I bite my lip in frustration to prevent myself from yelling out my silly curses. It doesn't help that Reece is standing behind me, waiting for me while I make a fool out of myself, failing at opening a door.

My embarrassment hits a new high when I feel a soft touch move down my arm. From the corner of my eye, I see Reece tower over me as he leans forward, and gently takes the keys from my hand. With a light nudge, I shuffle over to give him some space. With ease, Reece opens the front door to my apartment and pushes the door wide open. He motions for me to go in first, revealing to me his hidden gentleman side. Through my eyelashes, I look up to see a hint of a smirk on Reece's soft, pink lips. My cheeks heat up at the sight and I quickly step inside. No longer being in a slow daze, I don't waste any time but take off my shoes and walk over to the kitchen.

I don't wait to see if Reece will follow because of course he will. Where else would he go?

The bathroom?

Our intense atmosphere moment would definitely be ruined if Reece pulled a stunt like that. He's acting all serious down at the lobby, stating that we have to have the talk but the moment he steps into my apartment, he goes for the bathroom?