~ 19 ~

"Reece..."

On a normal, given day, Mrs. Layman's biology class can clear out in under a minute. Being the fourth and last period of the day, once the bell rings, signalling the end of the day, everyone wants to leave school grounds as fast as humanly possible. Before all the unnecessary drama began, turning our life into a soap opera, Reece and I would race each other to see who'd be the first one out of Mrs. Layman's door.

Unless there was a breathtaking cheerleader near by, I would typically lose the challenge.

Now, on a horrible monday, Reece and I are both losing, neither one of us wants to move from our seats. There is mad movement everywhere in front of us from other students who are hurrying out of the bio room. A few students take their time, discussing with their friends about who knows what. I can barely focus on anything except the handsome man sitting beside me.

My attention is on him.

His attention is on our substitute teacher.

I'm going to kill him.

Those words ring through my mind, sending me into panic mode. When Reece said them during class, I assumed he was speaking out of anger and that he didn't really imply that he wants to murder Mr. Caraveo.

Now, I'm having second thoughts. I eye Reece, noticing how tense his body is and how his thin, predatory pupils are locked target on his prey.

He's really going to kill him.

He didn't even seem to hear me when I called his name in a failed attempt to distract him from his lethal thoughts.

"Yo, Zada!"

As much as I don't want to look away from Reece in fear that he might commit an act of murder if I lose sight of him, I can't just down right ignore Bailey. So, cautiously, I turn my head in the direction of the classroom door, finding Bailey and Charlie.

"You coming?"

I shake my head warily, "um... I have some questions for... Mr. Caraveo," I tell Bailey, struggling to say my shooters name. "I'll catch up with you later."

Bailey shrugs her shoulders. She's used to my goody two shoes personality. It's not like I've never stayed behind class to discuss with Mrs. Layman about projects, tests, or other bio related topics.

I've just never stayed behind to talk with a substitute teacher.

"Cool, I'll see you at my apartment then," Bailey replies and leaves the classroom with Charlie who doesn't mind. It appears he's managed to befriend not only me but Bailey as well. Guess Bailey and I are going to be a trio now with our new British pal.

I release a breath of relief, happy that Bailey has left the classroom. I don't want her anywhere near Mr. Caraveo. Bio class is long enough for any of us to be in his vicinity. I also don't want Bailey in a small, cramped room with an out of control, livid Double M.

Standing near the door, about to join her girlfriend, stands Chasity. She stares at Reece's rigid form and raises an eyebrow. Cameron is the other last person left in the room and he's also watching Reece cautiously. He wants to say something to Reece but is interrupted.

"Can I help the Super Trio with anything or can the three of you leave so I can have a little chat with the ever so lovely, Zada Porter."

My blood turns a couple degrees cooler because of Mr. Caraveo's sentence. Not only did the man reveal to all of us that he knows the identity of all the members of the Super Trio but he also wants to talk with me alone. My shooter has no idea that he just dug himself a grave.