~ 3 ~

"I can't believe you nearly dragged me into a sex shop." I grumble annoyingly as I used all my arm muscles to pry open one of the many entrance doors to my high school.

From behind me, Bailey let out a bark of a laugh, "oh come on! If you expect to catch Reece's attention then you better make yourself more knowledgeable with that kind of thing."

I very nearly slammed the door in her face. "Would you not say his name out loud. Someone could overhear!" Specifically, Reece might overhear with his super hearing abilities and I do not want that to happen. "Besides, we would have never gotten into the store."

"Chillax, no one overheard me and please, don't ever doubt my superior skills. I could have gotten us into that store with a snap of my fingers!" Bailey tells me.

"Like Donkey Kong you could." I say to myself before stomping away. I hear her trying to catch up to me but I refuse to let that happen. Right now, I really don't want her to be near me. Bailey would just complain about how childish I act and how I need to grow up. So, I pick up the pace, not caring how dumb I look trying to speed walk with big stomping steps. I grin to myself when I see a corner. This is my chance to escape, to lose her.

Going even faster, I round the corner.

Only to come to a complete stop.

The grin that I thought would not leave my face vanishes as I stare up ahead. Specifically, as I stare at two individuals. The first person, I have no idea who she is but the second one I know oh too well.

How can I forget that purposely made messy brown hair and the back of the white knitted sweater that I got him for his last birthday. I told him I bought it when secretly, I actually made it. I thought it was ugly and I was worried that he'd hate it. I even tried to throw it out but he caught me and told me he loved it. Every time he wears it, the sweater looks designer. Especially now when he is wearing a dark plaid scarf to emphasize the light colour.

But now is not the time to be discussing how well my best friend wears his clothes.

I prevent myself from cringing at the sight of the two making out against the lockers but I can't prevent the twisting of my heart. There is goings again, slowly breaking. Like it always does whenever I see him with different girls.

See, here's the thing: when you think of a superhero you think bravery, strength, and intelligence. When you think about who they are behind the mask, everyone would agree that the majority of superheros tend to keep to themselves and stay away from large crowds in order to keep their loved ones safe.

Everyone would agree that a fictional superhero like Tony Stark (aka Iron Man for those who don't know) is rare because Mr. Stark doesn't have to hide from the public since his money and brains can protect him, not to mention his wits too.

Well, I'm here to tell everyone that that theory is false. Fictional superheros like Peter Parker, Clark Kent, and a whole list of other guys who are characters that are considered outcasts or nerds in the real world don't exist.

Superheros don't hide behind glasses or their textbooks. They don't spend their high school years getting bullied. In fact, they do the complete opposite.

They party.

They play sports.

They have crowds of students that drool at their feet.

They hook up at random.

And they definitely fit in with the popular crowd.

How would I know?

Because I see it everyday.

Why?

Because the Super Trio attend my high school.