thirty

"What's the worst thing you've ever seen?" I asked.

Will laid beside me as we passed the second blunt back and forth. He stayed silent, he had been silent since he had cum his pants twice just a few moments ago. "Mine was Mr. Givens on his knees fighting for the last remnants of his late wife," I said.

"Or maybe it was when my mother didn't attend my grandmothers funeral and I was the only one there," I said. "Yeah, I think that might be it, such a beautiful person not getting the appreciation she deserved, that had to be the worst," I said.

Will said nothing. He only rolled over getting up off the bed and heading to the shower. Earlier, he spoke about watching his uncle die, maybe he just didn't want to talk about it. Or maybe he had just seen worse. But his silence felt dismissive more then an actual response.

I didn't care though, my high brought me peace and nothing he did could ruin it.

-

"Maria,"

"Maria, wake up,"

My eyes peeled open as I felt myself being jostled back and forth. They opened to see Will looking downward at me. "We gotta go," He said.

I slowly sat up. The motel was cold, so cold. The north west temperatures were no joke. Before I could move to stand up Will spoke. "Take your pants off," He said. I looked at him in confusion.

I watched as he turned around to grab his knife off the dresser. "I gotta make the cut," He said. My stomach sank. I didn't like pain. "Are you sure it's gonna work?" I asked. "It will, I know Miko," He said. "And what happens if it doesn't?" I asked. "Then we both die Maria, I won't let them do that to you," He said.

Reaching for the waist band of my sweats and pulled them down. I was wearing a pair of white panties. Will said nothing but I didn't miss the way his eyes lingered on them for a moment too long. He reached for my thigh pulling me towards the edge of the bed. "Spread," He said. I spread my legs. "Wider," He said. I did as he asked. "It won't be too deep, just enough to make you bleed," He said. I think he was trying to make it better but it didn't help.

I squeezed my eyes shut as he held my right thigh down. A sharp pain overtook my senses as the blade cut through the flesh of my inner thigh.

I clenched my teeth at the pain. Will turned to grab a some shorts, I was guessing so they could see the blood. I slipped them on, the blood already starting to soak through. He grabbed his duck tape and quickly taped my hands.

Tucking his gun in his waist band he slipped on his shoes before helping me put on mine. "Remember, stay quiet," He said. "Try to look terrified," He said. I nodded trying not to wince at the pain. "Keep it together," He responded.

The seriousness in his voice shook me a little. It was like he was trying to hide the fact that he was worried under his short curt phrases.

Then we both die.

He really ment that. And there was a real chance this might not work out.

We got up and headed out the door.

-

"Stalnyye ruki!"

Dimitri called out smiling. "You came back!" He added.

Dimitri, Miko, and their people stood in the parking lot. One of them was holding a black suitcase. "You sleep good stalnyye ruki?" Miko asked eyes flickering between us. "Yes," Will responded.