nine

I was gonna wait to upload this. But I thought what the hell. Would you want me to upload more frequently? Also this chapter is another huge turning point. Im just so excited about this story, I have so much completed and its becoming my favorite one. Seeing y'all excited makes me want to upload more, I really appreciate all the support. Its amazing to see my work appreciated.

-

"Here you go! Strawberry lemonade margarita!" Sharon said placing a large glass down in front of me. "Thank you," I said.

"I'm sorry," He said again. "I don't want to hear it," I said. "Maria, its fucked up. I shouldn't have assumed. I owe you an apology, your right. I don't know half the shit you go through," He said.

I didn't acknowledge him. I just ate in silence.

"What can I do to make it better?" He asked. "Stop fucking terrorizing me!" I scolded. "Don't wave that gun in my fucking face or threaten to kill me," I continued. He paused for a minute. "Then how do I make sure you don't try any stupid shit, wasn't it only yesterday you were trying to get us caught?" He said.

"Because I'm telling you now, I won't try anything if you stop threatening me," I said. "No thats not good enough," He said.  He sat back, thinking for a moment. "Do you really want me to trust you?" He asked. "Yes," I replied. He sighed, then reached into his pocket and pulled out his mask. "Put this on," He said.

My eyes bugged out of my fucking head. He cannot be serious.

"I've been helping you since you kidnapped me," I said. "Maria, you know thats not what I'm asking," He said. "Let me be the one to help you this time," He added. "You want me to-to?" I started.

"Yes, I want you to rob the place," He said.

-

The margarita was so good. Do you think I'd be able to come back and have it again if I robbed them? I sighed, of fucking course not. Not only will you never have it again but you'll go to jail. I can't go to jail, what was I thinking?

Was I actually considering it?

"Tell me where were going," I said. "If you do this I'll tell you what you need to know," He said. "No, tell me now, West Point Bar? Why are we headed west?" I asked. He looked around, mapping out the surrounding area. "Las Vegas," He said. "Why?" I asked. "I already told you what you wanted, are you gonna do this or not?" He asked.

"Why are you robbing people?" I asked. "We don't have all night, if you want me to trust you then you have to do this," He said. "Does the car have gas?" I asked. "Cause there's a gas station here and we might need to get gas before we leave right? Plus its crowded, lets not rob this place. I promise I'll get the next one," I tried. He said nothing.

"The last thing we would need is an empty gas tank when were trying to get away! Maybe we shouldn't rob this place, right? Next one is on me," I bluffed. He didn't seem convinced. "One shot in the air. Tell them to get on the ground, just keep the gun up and watch them. Make sure they stay still, I'll collect the merchandise. That's all you have to do, five minutes tops," He said. He looked around again. "We'll have to be quick, mostly the register and a little jewelry. This is a pretty big crowd and I don't doubt some of them are also carrying," He said looking at the motorcycle crew.

"I can't rob these people!" I said in a hushed tone. "Well, look at it this way. Do you wanna be the one holding the gun or collecting the merchandise. Your gonna help either way," He said. "I'll be an accomplice," I said. "Yeah, thats the only way I can ensure your not gonna get us caught," He said. "And you'll stop harassing me?" I asked. "Yes, no more threats," He said.

I felt myself getting anxious. I couldn't rob these people. I wasn't capable of that, can I even gold the gun? "Maria, calm down," He said. "Just shoot once, then take your finger off the trigger and keep the gun up, keep it pointed. Five minutes tops," He said. I stared at the mask, I felt myself hyperventilating. "Your not hurting anyone, I wouldn't ask you to hurt anyone," He said.

"Just pull the trigger once and thats it, okay? Don't think to much," He continued.

-

The margarita was completely gone now. So was the food.

"Maria," He called out. "Just-Just let me think! Okay?" I replied. Sharon approached the table. "Can I interest you in any desserts? Maybe another beer or margarita, did you like it by the way? Was it a good surprise?" She asked, a smile adorning her face. "Yeah, it was good," I said. "Will, give me some cash," I said. He pulled out a wad of cash held together in a money clip. Stolen money.

He handed me a twenty. "More," I said. He pulled two more twenties out. "Will," I said looking at him in the eyes. He sighed taking out three hundreds and handing me the money. "Here you go, this is your tip we'll pay later," I said. "Oh my goodness! Jesus, you have no idea what this means to me! Thank you, bless your soul!" She gushed. "My son-we really needed this, thank you," She said. "It's no problem," I said.

She stared walking away. "Sharon?" I called out. "Im really sorry," I said. Her brows furrowed. "For what," She asked. "Nothing, just know I'm really sorry," I said again. With a confused look on her face she walked away.

Will pulled the gun out and slid it over to my side. I took the mask. He pulled out a bandanna and tied it onto his face, go fucking figure. I stood up and climbed on top of the table.

Bang!

"This is a robbery! Get down! Don't move!" I screamed.