twenty

Will hadn't come back. I let him take off and I dozed off waiting for him in our room. He had been out all night.

He was such an asshole. I get it. Life is shitty but it doesn't give you the excuse to be shitty to others. After last night I came to the conclusion. I was just gonna stay in Las Vegas and move on without him.

He didn't deserve for me to care about him.

I rolled over to look at the clock. It was already four pm. I didn't sleep all night waiting and in turn I had slept most of the day away. He only had four and a half more hours till the job. I hope his selfish ass doesn't ruin it for everyone. He was the one who couldn't fit in, maybe I'd just be able to do it myself.

Yeah, get the suitcase by myself without him. I didn't fucking need him. He needed me.

Knock Knock

I walked over to the door and opened it. A women standing at the door.

"Hi, I'm Sam. You had an appointment?" She said.

-

6:46

"What do you mean he didn't come back?" Nick asked. I shrugged.

"Alright, lean your head back," Sam said as she applied matte red lipstick onto my lips. "That idiot," Nick seethed. "I set this up for him!" He yelled. "Ok, just gotta put on the lashes and your done," Sam said.

I nodded. "Did he say where he was going? His car is still in the lot, he can't be far right?" Nick said pacing back and forth.

I didn't need Will for this. I wasn't gonna let that asshole walk all over me.

Pathetic

I was pathetic because he stole me from my life. It his fault I was here, I wasn't pathetic for evolving in the situation. I wasn't pathetic because I showed empathy. And I sure wasn't pathetic because I was going to do this alone, make my money and move on from him. Move on from Will and his stupid bipolar shit attitude. I don't care how weak he made me in the knees, I promised myself after high school I would let anyone make me feel so low about myself. Will was not an exception.

Getting up from the stool she brought along with her I picked up my dress and went to the bathroom. I slid it on and looked in the mirror. My hair was done up into an updo with curls neatly framing my face. My makeup had been elegant and the red lip color brought vibrancy to my face.

Everything looked amazing.

I put on the earrings Nick had just given me and I was done. I walked out.

Sam was packing her things up while Nick handed her some cash. "Did you try calling him?" Nick asked. "With what?" I asked. Nick dialed a number onto his phone. It rang but it never picked up. I looked over at the clock

7:10

I watched as Nick dialed it again. No answer. Then again, and again. "Nick," I called out. He looked at me worried. "Let me just do it," I said. He paused.

"Are you sure you can do it?" He asked. I nodded, "In and out," I said. "I don't know Maria...do you even have the access key? I gave it to Will yesterday," He said. I sighed. "Will's not here, we don't have much of a choice," I said. Nick nodded, "Alright, let me make a few calls, see what I can do," Nick said.