"stereo hearts."

note: enjoy this small drabble :)

The bass blasted in your ears as you twirled around Ellie's room, using your fist as a microphone and singing along to the upbeat lyrics.

    Ellie laughed as she watched from her couch, shaking her head at your enthusiasm as you swayed your hips to the music, a grin plastered on both of your faces. "You look so stupid right now."

    Your smile grew as you faltered in your steps, walking over to where your girlfriend sat, tugging on her hands as you said, "You love it, though."

    Sighing through her nose, Ellie chuckled as she rose from her seat, letting you pull her away from the couch and into the semi-open space; perfect for dancing.

    "My heart's a stereo, it beats for you so listen close. Hear my thoughts and every note..." The lyrics rolled off your tongue as you began to sway, even more, lacing yours and Ellie's fingers together.

    Ellie began to mumble the lyrics under her breath as she twirled you, a few laughs falling in between the words as she dipped you slightly, the sight of you enjoying yourself warming her heart. She hadn't felt this content since you, Riley, and her had gone to the abandoned mall over a year ago. And she wouldn't trade this for the world.