"guard dog."

wc : 0.4k
requested ? yes
note : n/a
───── ➳ ─────

"look, dude, i'm not interested. i have a girlfriend, alright?" you huffed, turning away from the smiling man to roll your eyes.

"oh, come on, i bet you've never even been with a man before, so how do you know you don't like it?" he grinned, inching closer to you with every word.

brows raised, you took a step in the opposite direction, the plastic cup in your hand starting to crinkle under your grip. "i'm quite aware of what i do and don't like, thank you very much. now, if you don't kindly back the fuck up..."

the man's head tilted to the side, just enough for you to notice his convinced expression had turned into a glower. "or what?"

"or you're going to stumble out of here with a broken nose, asshole." the voice belonged to your girlfriend, and you welcomed ellie's arm around your shoulders as she gazed lazily at the man desperately trying to get you in his bed.

you watched as his eyes narrowed in on ellie, assessing her posture and build, trying to distinguish whether her words were a promise or just an empty threat. part of you wished he'd underestimate her and throw a punch, just to watch him get pummeled.

but he seemed to have decided against it because he scoffed and drew back, leaving his beer bottle on the bar's counter and muttering something sour under his breath before turning around. you and ellie stared after him.

"what a dick," the auburn-haired girl said bitterly, her arm drifting from your shoulders to your waist. her fingers splayed against the fabric of your shirt.

shifting your weight from one foot to the other, you looked at her, the hint of a knowing smile on your lips. "is someone jealous?"

"no- no, absolutely not. i was simply saving your ass from a creep," ellie rushed out, shaking her head violently. "you should be glad i was here."

"i am," you said sweetly, giving her a toothy grin before leaning in and pressing a chaste kiss to her cheek. the smell of her bar soap and cologne greeted your senses as you wrapped your arms around her.

ellie had stiffened, but you smiled a little wider when you felt her temple rest against your hair and her shoulder relax under your chin. "i'm always glad to have you around, babe. especially when you scare away all the big, annoying men," you praised, lips brushing the skin just below her ear. "but i also think it's cute that you get jealous. you're like my personal guard dog."