"kiss me."

wc : 2.3k
note : this is self indulgent bc i REALLY wanted to see ellie punch tf outta seth for calling dina a dyke

───── ➳ ─────

the night was still young, and yet you were exhausted. hours of standing had finally begun to catch up with you, your feet sore and slightly blistered from the soles of your leather boots.

"oh come on! live a little! you've been moping here all night. come dance with me," dina nagged, nudging your side with an elbow. she motioned toward the crowd of people in the middle of the room with a trying smile.

biting the inside of your cheek, you frowned, not wanting to leave the little nook by the counter. "i already danced."

the black-haired woman scoffed. "you danced for like one song and then came over here with a sour expression." she paused before adding, "don't tell me it's something to do with ellie."

"it's not," you muttered, eyes glued to the hardwood floor in an attempt to make her drop the topic. "i'm just tired."

"uh-huh," dina mused with a teasing smirk, not buying your words one bit. she nestled into your side, leaning over to whisper, "tell me about it."

your gaze slid to hers. "what?"

"tell me about it," she repeated, straightening against the bar's ledge. "tell me what's on your mind. and don't give me any bullshit."

sighing, you turned around, bracing your forearms on the sleek wood. "she's just...i don't know. i feel like she's avoiding me."

dina didn't have to ask who you were referring to. she copied your position, her left arm pressed against yours, as she said, "what makes you think that?"

"well, i went over to her house yesterday to invite her to tonight's party and she wouldn't answer my knocks. her muddied boots were by the door, though, so i know she was in there," you said, rubbing your temple with a hand. "i don't even know if she's going to show. some part of me hopes that she does, even though there's a really slim chance of that happening."

looking over her shoulder, dina scanned the room. she pushed you a little when she spotted what she was looking for. "i wouldn't be so confident on the idea of her not showing."

"why?" you asked, brows furrowed as you tried to spot what she was looking at. your throat ran dry when your eyes landed on a familiar-looking auburn-haired woman. "oh."

a plethora of emotions flashed across your mind, from confusion to anger to excitement. the way ellie was just chatting up jesse and another girl you couldn't identify was baffling. she never came to these things, and yet there she was, nursing a drink and putting on a smile.

"i don't know whether i'm supposed to feel relieved or angry right now," you admitted to dina, eyes still glued to ellie. "to be honest, i'm more angry, i think."

"okay, well, don't go and blow up on her, that'll just make the whole 'avoiding thing' worse," dina said as she stepped in front of you, cutting off your gaze.

you shifted your weight from one foot to the other. "then what do you propose i do? act like i didn't show up at her place less than 24 hours ago?" your question came with a raised brow.

huffing a strained laugh, dina shook her head. "how about i go over there? see if i can send her your way or get her alone?"

"do whatever you want, i don't care." you waved her off, turning back around in hopes of getting some alone time again. it seemed to work because dina walked off, her black ponytail swishing behind her.