"just pretend to be my date."

[ a/n: first off...HAPPY OUTBREAK/TLOU DAYYYYY!! i hope you are all having an amazing day and enjoy this oneshot :) ]

[ requested by @baddieelliewilliams ]

"What do you mean you want me to be your date?" Ellie asked, completely appalled at your request.

    You sighed in frustration, massaging the bridge of your nose as you said, "It's exactly as it sounds, Ellie. I need you to be my girlfriend for the get together my parents are holding. Just pretend to be my date. Please,"

"Sure. Yeah, I can do that," She said, still shocked and flustered at your question. You sighed with relief at her agreement. You stood from your spot on her couch. "Alright, well, the gathering is around 6, so I'll come get you so we can walk together around 5:45. Sounds good?"

She nodded quickly and got up, walking you to the door. As you said goodbye and turned away, she stopped you with a question. "Wait - why do you want me to be your date again?"

"My parents, more specifically my mom, think that I'm lying about liking girls. She says I'm only liking girls to 'fit in', whatever the fuck that means," You scoff, playing with the hem of your shirt.

Ellie nodded understandingly and said farewell once again, smiling to herself as she shut the door behind her.

"Ellie? Are you ready?" You yelled from her front porch, knocking on the door once again. You waited nervously, hoping that you looked alright with the plain, black plaid dress you had picked out. You heard some shuffling and a faint coming! from inside the house. You tapped your foot anxiously. "Ellie?! We don't have all night!"

As you finished your sentence the door swung open, revealing Ellie with her hair half up, half down, a cream-colored button-down shirt tucked into black slacks, her sleeves rolled up a little past her elbows, and sporting her signature black converse. Her eyes widened a little when she saw you standing in the dress, a white pair of converse mirroring her own, and your hair swept away from your face.

She scratched the back of her neck as she said, "Sorry I wasn't out sooner. And is this outfit okay? Dresses aren't really my thing so..."

You stared at her, not controlling your large smile at how gorgeous she looked. "No, no, you look," Hot, you wanted to say. "Good. You look really good."

She smiled nervously as she stepped out, shutting the door behind her. You took her arm in yours and began your trek to your house, thankful that it was a mere 5 minute walk.

As you led Ellie up the front steps of your house, you turned and looked at Ellie. "Okay, just a slight warning before we go in - my family can be quite homophobic at times, and I'm sorry about that. I scolded my parents about not saying anything tonight, or I wouldn't be attending. If they, or anyone else, say anything to you personally, please let me know,"

"Alright," She said, turning her attention back to the entrance in front of you both. You took a deep breath before opening your front door, the sound of glasses clinking and chatter echoing in your ears.

Kids ran past you as you both entered your house, not bothering with greeting you two. You shifted, pulling your arm away from hers, and opted for her hand, giving it a squeeze as you passed people, looking around for your parents.