"what's happening to us?"

[ requested by @isolation4eva & gayforelliewilliams ]

"Why would you do that?! I had that route covered! I didn't need you to overrun it! And with Joel of all people! You know how I feel about him," Ellie claimed, a deep scowl on her face as she yelled at you at the front gate.

    "Ellie, you were one step away from dying! That bloater was a close call, and you know it!" You hissed, firing back.

    Ellie scoffed at your words and turned, grabbing Shimmer's reins and leading her to the stables. You turned to Jesse and tossed him Key's reins, ignoring his protests as you ran up to Ellie.

    "We can't keep doing this. Talk to me. Why was helping you such a big issue, El?" You asked desperately.

    You and Ellie had been fighting for about two weeks now. And you had no idea why. You saw the way she looked at Dina, the spark in her eyes. The way her face lit up. She had once looked at you like that. Now all she does is frown in your direction.

    "Don't call me that," She snapped as you followed her into the barn. She handed the reins over to one of the helpers, and then marked her name off the board, signifying that she was done with today's patrol. You didn't bother doing the same as you continued to trail her, tears beginning to blur your vision as she ignored you.

    "Fine," You said, pent up frustration beginning to bubble up. "But you have to talk to me. If you're falling out of love with me, then tell me. Don't leave me to sit here and rot in doubt and pity. Talk to me."

    Ellie halted in her tracks, turning to look at you. "We are not doing this here."

    "What's happening to us?" You whispered, tears starting to slip down your cheeks.

    "I'm done. I don't love you anymore, y/n." Ellie said bluntly, suddenly answering your question. With that, she left, leaving you to drop to your knees in the snow and watch as she walked away. She met Dina halfway, and they both wore smiles. Far bigger than yours ever was.