"jenny."

note: this is super shitty and i'm sorry about that. also, this book might be back to 'complete' bc ur girl has like 7 different books on here PLUS i'm taking another 3 writing classes🧍‍♀️oh, and i'm also trying to keep up w/ school AND post on ao3 & tumblr😭

"Ellie?"

"Hmm?"

"What if I told you I like girls?" You said, avoiding eye contact as you played with the hem of your shirt, staring at your cup of water.

"Wha - really? You're serious?" The auburn-haired girl asked as she looked at you, her mouth agape.

Nodding, you flashed your eyes at her, a blush flushing your cheeks. "I, uh, I don't like you though, so don't worry. I just felt like I needed to tell someone I trust."

"No, no, it's fine! I, um, I do too?" Ellie said, the question and anxiety clear in her tone of voice.

    Your eyes finally met hers. "You like girls?"

    Ellie dipped her head as a yes.

    You were speechless as you looked at your best friend, your mind whirring in hope. Maybe she likes me back!

    "I...I actually really like this one girl," Ellie began, making your heart drop. "She's really pretty."

    "Oh. Do I know her?"

    Ellie scratched the back of her head. Now it was her turn to avoid eye contact with you. "Yeah, you do."

    "Is it Dina?" You immediately blurted out.

    Shaking her head, Ellie grinned a little. "No. I'm super close to her. She was the first friend I made when I came to Jackson. Our first hangout, if that's what you even want to call it, was going to the shooting range and then back to my place for a movie marathon."

    "What? That doesn't make any sense, cause I was your first friend - wait...it's me, isn't it?" You said, the gears in your mind clicking as you registered her confession.

    Ellie grinned bashfully as she nodded at your question. "Yeah. It's you, y/n."

    "Good. I've been thinking about ruining our friendship for a while now. I've always wanted to be your lover instead, El," You admit coyly, meeting her green eyes, a smile on both of your faces.