"necessity."

note: i wrote this awhile ago bc i was going through some shit. dw tho, i'm back n better with my fav lesbian💆‍♀️

The house was quiet, save for the quiet sobs that echoed in the closet.

They were the first thing Ellie heard as she walked into the bedroom, the quick breathing notifying her that something was clearly wrong. She stalked over to the closet, tenderly twisting the knob and opening the door, her face instantly falling at the sight of her lover in hysterical tears on the floor.

Ellie soothed the girl as she got on the ground in front of her, drawing her girlfriend into her lap, letting her rest against her chest.

The girl began to shake even more as she thought of how horrid she must look. She began to hyperventilate, hating how new problems seemed to be adding up every second. Ellie began to stroke her hair, whispering small praises, and affirmations.

"Ellie..." the girl managed to whisper between choked breaths.

"What is it, babe?"

"I'm...I'm having the thoughts again," she said meekly, the words making her feel ashamed.

Ellie's hand paused as the phrase began to click in her mind. She looked down at the girl in her lap, using her arms to squeeze her tighter, the sudden thought of her girlfriend leaving her flashing across her mind.

She kissed the top of her head, and instead of pulling away, she stayed like that, lips pressed against her scalp as she continued to cry softly, the smell of her shampoo wafting into her nose.

"I love you. So much. I need you. When I'm not around you, I feel like I can't breathe. The thought of you leaving me leaves me choking for air." Silent tears slid down Ellie's face as she spoke, her words slightly muffled.

"I need you." she repeated. She didn't care if her significant other said something back, she just needed to make sure she knew that she was like the air in her lungs; a necessity to live. To keep going.