Chapter 20- His return

You wake up the next day, feeling better than yesterday. You knew that Daniel left late at night but you didn't know where he went. Daniel was slowly becoming more suspicious and you couldn't get that thought away from your mind. You step out of bed, placing your feet on the cold floor just to wince at the coldness. Slowly making your way to the bathroom, you take out one of Daniel's new pairs of toothbrushes. You walk downstairs after you hear the door to Daniel's penthouse opening.

"Hey!" Daniel greets you as he closes the door. Without answering him, you walk to him while glaring at him. "What?" He laughs, placing his hand on top of your head.

"Where were you? You suddenly left, are you doing some illegal actions Daniel?" You say, taking out your toothbrush and pointing it at him. You are left in confusion when Daniel keeps laughing.

"Turn around Y/N," His voice, sounding soft and deep, "I bought you clothes at the mall last night, I have an important business deal this morning so the only time I could make it to the mall was last night." He laughs

"Nothing's funny Daniel, I really thought that you were doing something......illegal," You say, turning around to walk back upstairs.

"My favorite hero was and will always be Hawks, there's no way I would ever do anything to harm people." Daniel laughs again as he watches you go upstairs. Daniel makes sure that you're upstairs as he takes out his phone, his gaze forming into a glare.

"Is the package delivered?" He asks the man on the other hand of the phone.

"Yes sir," The man says on the other hand of the line, hand shaking as he shakingly places the unknown package in front of Bakugo's house.

"Good," Daniel remarks, "you know what to do," Daniel smiles, hanging up the phone. Bakugo is sure to love that surprise.

Daniel walks to the living room, slowly getting rid of his blazer. He's not the type to lie to you or make you uncomfortable, all he's doing is making sure you and him will have the future he always dreamed of in college. To him everything he's doing right now is the best thing he could ever do. Just the thought of you being with somebody else other than him crushed his spirit in every single way he could think of, but at the end of the day he still loves you and that's the thing, he's going to do everything so that he could have you in his arms for the rest of his life.

He walks to the kitchen wanting to make you food, Daniel is going to make you fall in love with him and then afterwards; make your life the best thing you'll ever experience. He pushes up the sleeves of his white blouse and takes out a pan.

On the other hand, you were upstairs looking through Daniel's closet again. But that's what happens when you are in somebody else's house. You are suspicious of him but not THAT suspicious, when he told you that he went to the mall at night that was kind of suspicious but you let it slide because it was Daniel. Who goes to the mall at night around 9:00 PM? Curious, you wear one of his bathrobe and head downstairs..

"Daniel?" You ask in confusion, you didn't see any signs of him so you got worried.

"I'm in the kitchen," He yells, laughing. You walk towards the kitchen, slowly looking at what he's doing. You notice his naked, well defined back and look away. How embarrassing? You sigh, he's just your friend, nothing more. You close your eyes then open them back just so that you could find Daniel right in front of you. You yelp, feeling him wrap his arms around your waist.

"Why are you so flustered, Y/N?" He smirks, looking down at your lips then back to your eyes.

"No reason, stop being so self absorbed, now show me the clothes you bought." You look at him with your eyebrows raised.