Chapter 2- Another meeting

It's the day after that kiss with Daniel and no matter how much you stop yourself from thinking about it, you just can't help it. You look yourself in the mirror, harshly embarrassed by how you responded to that kiss yesterday yet you still don't put some effort into having a relationship. How embarrassing! You finish doing your morning routine and make your way down to the lobby of your apartment. You make your way in the main garage and you drive to Daniel's house.

You arrive in front of his house and quickly exit the car while making your way to the front yard. You ring the bell and knock on the door but no one answers. You take out your phone and dial Daniel's number but he still won't answer. What exactly did you do wrong? You wait outside his house for what feels like hours until you decide to drive away to get yourself some breakfast.

You couldn't stop thinking about what happened last night. Why would anyone look at you, to begin with? In your eyes, you were just a normal human being living in the world. There is absolutely nothing special about you, just your obsession with Dynamited. Well, even that wasn't anything special, Dynamight has lots of crazy fan-girls and you so happen to be part of that crazy crowd. How embarrassing!

How low of you to even assume he will even look at you? You are over here so obsessed with a man who is in complete denial of your feelings when you have a guy you've known for four years crushing on you. Keep that delusional thing to yourself, friend. It's not worth it. Oh, shall I remind you that you liked Bakugo for 11 years? Yet you still have the audacity to think he will ever notice you? Yeah, you are delusional. Please keep your feelings to yourself, it's concerning.

You arrive in front of the café and you park your car. You make your way inside the café while digging into your pockets looking for your wallet. You like this café, you and Daniel used to go to it every Monday before school. For some reason, you feel really lonely for not having him here. No, you are not catching feelings, you just hope that he was here and you guys could talk to each other like you normally do. You order your coffee and doughnut then sit down in one of the chairs facing the window. You look outside seeing a bunch of cute couples and you look down in jealousy. Yeah, you need to get rid of your feelings.

You take your order and walk back to your car to eat your food. You dial Daniel's number again but he won't answer then you remembered that there's this place he usually goes to when he needs to clear his mind. You walk inside the store and grab Daniel's favorite coffee. You quickly finish chewing the doughnut and drive down to the other side of town.

There's no doubt that he will be at the place you are driving to. Alright, you are driving to that place, what exactly are you going to tell him? Are you going to apologize for not kissing him back? Are you going to say sorry and kiss him again? Or are you going to walk away like the coward you usually are?

You arrive in front of the park and park your car. You walk towards where the lake is and stop when you see the familiar black hair floating in the direction of the wind. You sigh and walk to Daniel with the coffee in your hand, the man looks so sad. I think you broke him. You softly poke his shoulder and he turns around staring at you with his sad eyes. The sadness in his eyes is enough to affect you. You are feeling so guilty about not kissing him back, never have you seen him that sad until today. Yeah, you broke him.

"Coffee?" You softly ask and hand him the coffee, he takes it and you smile. You walk around and sit on the bench while maintaining a safe distance between the two of you. You look at the lake while the ducks are doing what they usually do. There's even a turtle inside the lake and a fish. You quickly walk up to the lake and squat down to stare more closely at the turtles.

"Daniel, look....there are turtles in the lake!!" You exclaim and turn to see him looking at you. You still see the hint of sadness in his eyes again so you get up and sit back on the bench. What are you going to say to him? That it wasn't your fault you didn't kiss back? That you don't know how to kiss anyone? Yeah, sorry to break it to you but none of those are valid reasons.