Chapter 14- Impossible

You wake up the following morning, ready to take a shower. One thing about your room is that the shower wasn't located inside, so you have to travel all the way down at the end of the hall to the bathroom. You brush your teeth, looking at the reflection of your tired self. You were unable to sleep last night, all you were thinking about is Bakugo when you know you shouldn't. You were thinking about him and how it would feel having your arms wrapped around him.

You have to start working on how to not crush on someone else's husband.

After taking a shower, you walk out with a towel around your chest. You're greeted with Bakugo walking in your direction. He also looks tired, the gray towel is on his shoulder. He acts like he didn't see you as he keeps his head high and brushes past you to walk inside the bathroom.

"Bakugo, good morning-" He closes the door on your face.

Your grip on your towel tightens as you turn to look at the closed door. You place your palm on the door, waiting for him to at least open the door for you. Bakugo on the other hand slides against the door and sits down on the marble floor. He could smell the scent of your shower gel, the mirror in the bathroom is filled with water droplets. You took a hot bath this morning, he could tell.

You continue walking to your room, not wanting to cause any troubles with Bakugo. You should respect his privacy just like he's respecting yours by not wanting to see you. The more you keep running after him, the more annoyed he'll get by you. His emotions are all over the place, he can't even tell what's true and what's not. He has trusted you since childhood, never in his life has he expected you to hide something like from him.

Every time he remembers your smiles, he groans in annoyance. He keeps persuading himself that he doesn't like seeing you happy but another part of him wants to see you happy. He doesn't know what to choose, everything is confusing to him. Every time he tries digging into his dead wife's case, he always ends up with no answer. He knows that he needs you to help him solve his dead wife's case but he just doesn't know how to ask.

He's currently beating himself up for the time he spent kissing you and doing whatever that was with you. He used to spend so much time with you to the point where he almost slept with you.

Bakugo took this little quiet time he had to himself just to contemplate on your relationship with him. He doesn't want to forgive you, and you know you shouldn't be expecting forgiveness from him. However, he was thinking of talking with you without forgiving you. But at some point, he'll just want to pull you in for a kiss. He also couldn't afford that, so he just let it go and bear the pain of wanting to talk to you.

___

You walk out of your room, this time dressed into something comfortable. You use your quirk to find the way to the breakfast room. Everyone is already sitting on their chair getting ready to eat their breakfast.

"Oh Y/N, good morning!" Ochaco says, "Yao-Momo made pancakes this morning, want some?"

"Of course!" You sit down on the empty chair. The chair in front of you is also empty, you look over it just to see Bakugo sitting down on it. Lowering your head, you take a fork and a table knife from the utensil dispenser. Everything was going fine until Bakugo showed up, everyone can feel the sudden shift in your mood but they didn't ask anything yet.

You lift your head and look for the maple syrup; it's next to Bakugo. What a wonderful way to start the day?

"Bakugo can you pass me the syrup please?" You ask, but he didn't make any movement that made it seem as if he's reaching for the syrup. Maybe he didn't hear you the first time.